Feather Sound Country Club
Hospitality - Hotel, Restaurant - Food Service, Other
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast- paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Previous service experience strongly preferred
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- Part-time position – 9A to 5P on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, ACCESS, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
- Work is performed in a restaurant environment both indoors and outdoors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active member and employee communication; May be subject to bending, reaching, kneeling, and stooping. May also be subject to moving, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, and placing objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds with assistance and objects in excess of 50 pounds with assistance. Stands, sits, or walks for an extended period.
- In addition, the candidate for this position must own reliable transportation, have good conversational English skills, be punctual and present themselves in an appropriate manner for a restaurant environment.
Looking for a Part-time position in a Country Club setting? Check out our Part-time Steward position below.
Hours: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (Work hard and then enjoy you free weekends!)
The primary function of the Steward is the basic maintenance and cleanliness of the kitchen and the Club.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond promptly to requests from members and other department leaders.
- Perform floor care duties: offices, restrooms, hallways, entries, clubhouse and dining room, carpets, kitchen and bar areas by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming
- Clean, dust and/or polish and remove marks from furniture and fixtures, windows, glass partitions, mirrors, walls, and equipment
- Clean and disinfect all restrooms, locker rooms, building facilities stock facilities with paper and supplies on a daily basis
- Remove all trash and put into the designated trash containers.
- Check that all plumbing fixtures, toilets, faucets, showers and drinking fountains are clean and in working order.
- Maintain countertop items and furniture in neat and clean order.
- Clean and maintain common areas while keeping up with standards set by the Food and Beverage Manager.
- Perform any, and all, laundry duties.
- Stock and maintain any housekeeping supply rooms.
- Ensure that a high level of customer service is maintained at all times.
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans, using dishwashers or by hand.
- Place clean dishes, utensils, or cooking equipment in storage areas.
- Organize various dishware and service ware in proper type and design.
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Clean or prepare various foods for cooking or serving.
- Stock supplies, such as food or utensils, in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, or salad bars.
- Set up banquet tables.
- Sweep or scrub floors.
- Clean garbage cans with water or steam.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Transfer supplies or equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks.
- Receive and store supplies.
- Prepare and package individual place settings.
- Load or unload trucks that deliver or pick up food or supplies.
- Executes various monthly, weekly, or quarterly cleaning and organizing projects as specified by management.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the Club
- Maintains strict confidentiality of client, company and personnel information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: NONE