Nstar Global Services, Inc.
Engineering, Installation - Maint - Repair, Manufacturing
2 Year Degree
- Complies with all quality system requirements
- Performs basic troubleshooting to repair equipment
- Performs preventative maintenance procedures and documents hazard observations, quality observations, and audit findings
- Replaces, runs, tests, and locks-out equipment per lock-out tag out procedures
- Assists in achieving department and company goals of cost reduction and decreased throughput time by leading continuous improvement initiatives
- May have full responsibilities for minor projects and assist in project planning.
- Experience reading schematics and troubleshooting electronic circuits
- Experience (limited) using machining equipment
- Experience using oscilloscopes, power supplies and multimeters
Soft Skills Required:
- Well-developed technical communication skills, as well as strong and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand customer process and assume responsibility for customer satisfaction.
- Associate of Applied Science Degree or Associate of Science Degree in a related Discipline
- 2+ years of experience in a technical position
- Flexible to work on compressed shifts (12 hours), overtime, stand-by, on-call, holidays, etc, when required.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Must successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check
- Basic computer skills
Schedule: Weekend Shift – Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Other compensation: We offer Benefits such as Health, Dental, Vision insurance, 401K, Annual sick leave, Vacation time, Paid holidays, Overtime Pay, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty Rewards
- Vendor Training on Toolsets, or industry experience
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
- Stand/Sit/Walk 8-10 hours/day •Able to lift 30 pounds
Advantages of being a NSTAR Employee
- Work for an industry leading service provider to Semiconductor OEMs
- Experience the personal touch of working for a small company
- Become a part of the M+W family which offers the experience of a wide array of opportunities in various industries
- Receive the following travel package when traveling on assignment
- Arrangement and booking of hotel and flights
- Arrangement and booking of rental car and reimbursement for 1 tank of gas per week
- Hourly pay for total time spent traveling to start of assignment and back home at end of assignment
- Per diem and weekly phone and laundry expenses
- Access to NSTAR’s 24/7 travel hotline
- Receive competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, overtime pay, vacation days, sick leave, and paid holidays
- Gain rewards through NSTAR’s Loyalty Program, STARBright Rewards
ALL information provided to NSTAR will be kept confidential, unless you give expressed permission.
If this position does not seem like a match for you, but you know someone who might be interested, click here to submit your referral and learn more about our Referral Bonus Program.
Check out our website at www.nstargs.com, and browse for more open jobs at http://nstarglobalservices.com/job-seekers/open-jobs/
About the Company:
NSTAR Global Services, a company of the M+W Group, provides flexible and customized technical services and staffing solutions worldwide. M+W Group is a leading global engineering and construction partner for technology-based clients in the segments Electronics, Photovoltaics, Battery Cells, Life Sciences, Chemicals, Science & Research, Energy & Environment Technologies, Automotive, IT & Telecoms, Space & Security. Together our competence to link services, process, and automation technologies with facilities enables us to provide technically challenging solutions, from selective support of highly innovative start-ups to large-scale turnkey projects.
(keywords: maintenance, schematics, “electronic circuit", Technician, semicon, semi-conductor, “semiconductor", “Field Service", “Customer Service Technician", “Equipment Technician", “Maintenance Technician", "service engineer")
NSTAR Global Services
A Company of the M+W Group
Location: Brooklyn Center, MN
The Service Engineer will be responsible for performance analysis and repair of electircla and mechanical systems to support daily operations.