Director of Operations - $70k-$90k/yr + Sundays Off
Director of Operations - $70k-$90k/yr + Sundays Off
Chick-fil-A Grand Central
4 Year Degree
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Operations Management, Organizational Effectiveness, OD/Leadership, or related field.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years directly related experience in a for-profit company.
- Minimum 2+ years' leadership experience managing a team.
- Minimum 2+ years experience managing a P&L or budget of $2m or more.
- Experience leading at least one selection, contract negotiation, implementation and ongoing maintenance of vendor relationship.
- Must demonstrate expertise in building and managing 3rd party relationships to support the development and delivery of operations.
- Strong project planning and management skills and demonstrated ability to effectively manage stakeholder relationships
- Experience leading talent development in a diverse organization is desired.
- This person must have or be willing to gain mastery of operations in a Chick-fil-A restaurant.
- This person must be willing to remain highly engaged with the team and operations including working on their feet all-day and be able to lift 40 Ð 60 pounds on a consistent basis.
- This person must also be willing to work unusual schedules (such as opening, closing, and working on Saturdays) on a regular basis.
Job Title: Director Ð Operations
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Grand Central
Travel Requirements: 3-5 weeks out of the year
Tentative Start Date: Early 2018
- Lateral opportunities to gain additional experience in talent/HR or marketing
- Upward opportunities to Business Director
- Corporate staff opportunities
- Corporate field opportunities such as Leadership Development Program
- Franchise ownership opportunities
- Corporate training
- Certifications (such as Serve Safe, Certified Trainer, etc).
- Training at grand openings and other restaurants around the country
- Customized individual development plan based on your goals
- Performance management and reviews
- Mock interviews and interview coaching
- One on one coaching from the Owner/Operator
- Unlimited monthly subway access
- Health insurance contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Sundays Off
- Christmas and Thanksgiving Off
- Personal and professional development and growth opportunities.
- Overtime Pay for anything over 40 hours
- College Scholarships
- Food privileges
Help open and launch one of the largest volume Chick-fil-A restaurants in the nation. We are looking for purpose-driven individuals who would like to open and launch their own Chick-fil-A franchise or other business one day. We believe that no goal is too high for us when we climb with care and confidence. This is why we climb together as we seek to develop leaders and entrepreneurs at every level. We are looking for brave, ambitious, and passionate people who want to explore every part of their work and discover new was to elevate themselves to live and lead at a higher level with excellence and strong financial success. Projected to open in early 2018 across from Grand Central, these positions will not start until then.
Based in New York City this senior level leadership role will function less like a General Manager and more like a Senior VP or Chief Operations Officer of a small business. This role will drive the strategy, development and implementation of the Chick-fil-A culture and set the standard of excellence for systems, operations, facilities, IT, catering, quality, hospitality, and financial return, for Chick-fil-A in Midtown, NYC. This role will also support the Director of Talent in culture and people development. The ideal candidate will have a high degree of professional maturity, entrepreneurial spirit, and executive level presence. The person in this role should have the ability to develop relationships with vendors and other key business partners as well as corporate staff. Key competencies required in this role include: strategic and systemic thinking, process design, creativity and a results-obsession with strong operational expertise. We are intent on creating an organization that is renowned for having the best quick service operations in the country. We are looking for the individual with the creativity, Drive and Passion to help us achieve this vision!
The Director of Operations is part of a small-scale team or board of directors who advise the Owner/Operator on the strategic direction of the business in pursuit of excellence and help translate Ellie Kim's vision and intentions into reality and then sustain it. The Director of Operations role is critical in ensuring that Chick-fil-A Midtown, NYC is successful in the following areas:
- Operations (including facilities, catering and outside sales, IT, scheduling, etc.)
- Quality and Guest Experience
- Financial Return (profit)
- Cast a compelling vision for the best quick service restaurant operations in the country and inspire followership amongst the team.
- Oversee $10m+ P&L, control costs, achieve specified profit margin, and eliminate waste/opportunity costs.
- Oversee and ensure smooth day-to-day operations. Identify pain points and other opportunities for growth.
- Collaborate with the Owner/Operator, Business Director and other directors on creatively structuring the Operations and building the operational talent including all entry and mid-level leadership.
- Additionally collaborate with the Owner/Operator, Business Director, and Director of Talent on identifying and building emerging leaders.
- Create and lead a high performance team of A players including of at least shift supervisors, team leaders, shift managers, catering managers, scheduling managers, facilities manager, IT manager, quality and food safety manager, hospitality manager, Team Members, etc.
- Support the people department in developing and implementing individualized training and development plans for all direct support positions.
- Lead the methodology and process design of upstream ordering and payment solutions.
- Design and execute a strategy to create and maintain Positive Employee Relations across the entire restaurant maintaining a culture that engages directly with leadership.
- Scale services and tools Ð design solutions, processes and procedures that will scale with the Company's growth in volume and complexity - successfully manage all aspects of implementation working in partnership with Talent and Marketing (example: scale BOH capacity through acquisition of equipment or development of personnel to meet growth in outside sales or an increase in FOH capacity).
- Define key performance indicators Ð develop metrics and core programs and track delivery against program objectives, lead improvement initiatives and encourage a culture of excellence, efficiency, innovation, and customer service.
- Establish and strengthen relationships with the local businesses, visitors, community, and government.
- Lead the creation and implementation of cultures, mindsets, and systems to accomplish consistency in achieving strategic objectives and specific measures of success (Ex: lean production mindset to eliminate waste).
- Lead and oversee cash management system, accounting, and regulatory compliance.
- Lead the acquisition of equipment, software, or other additional assets as needed.
- Lead rollouts and implementation of new products, procedures, or systems.
- Lead rigorous compliance with food safety standards.
- Lead and oversee restaurant IT systems including customized KPS routing configurations, Pos and iPos, mobile ordering, off site ordering, etc.
- Lead and oversee scheduling to ensure standards of operational excellence, maximum team member flexibility, and optimal labor cost.
- Lead and oversee payroll, time punch adjustments/tracking, and deduction/bonus tracking, and relevant regulatory compliance.
- Work closely with the Director of Talent, Business Director, and Operator to ensure team member compliance with the Unit Policy Handbook as well as making any necessary updates.
- Work closely with the Operator, Marketing, and Talent to proactively mitigate risk and respond to any PR or HR related issues and communications, training the team on talking points, and compliance.