Machine Maintenance Tech
Machine Maintenance Tech
Manufacturing, Skilled Labor - Trades
● This is a non-exempt hourly (NEH) position. Scheduled Hours are 7AM – 3:30 pm Monday – Friday. OT is paid at 1.5x your hourly rate.
● 2 years’ experience performing mechanical and electrical facilities maintenance work on mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment including installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting, in a small facility environment.
- Can operate machinery such as Proto Trak Milling Machine, Manual Bridgeport, Machine Lathe, Vertical/horizontal band saws, and assortment of hand and semi-automatic tools.
- Open to feedback and work with a positive attitude every day.
- Can operate machinery such as Proto Trak Milling Machine, Manual Bridgeport, Machine Lathe, Vertical / horizontal band saws, assortment of hand and semi-automatic tools.
● Completion of 2 years or more, full-time training or education in Industrial Technology, Mechanical Technician, or similar program at a recognized trade school; an apprenticeship program may be substituted for 1 year of experience.
● Mechanical and electrical design, construction, installation, and maintenance practices, procedures, methods, and equipment as found in a manufacturing environment.
● Previous work experience in the field of Industrial Mechanical Maintenance.
● Strong mechanical aptitude: requires satisfactory completion of the Mechanical Skills Test.
● Basic computer skills a must!
● Install, maintain, and repair mechanical and electrical equipment
● Troubleshoot, correct equipment problems and repair unique machinery
● Safely operate a variety of hand and power tools
● Physical demands: ability to regularly lift or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds
● Ability to use measuring instruments (tape, scale, squares etc.).
● Read and understand blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematics
● Read, write, speak, and understand English
● Must possess the ability to work effectively with others (giving and receiving direction) and work independently and unsupervised.
Applicants who best meet the job-related qualifications will be invited to participate in the interview process which may consist of any combination of written, performance, or verbal appraisal, to further evaluate job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
Mechanical Manufacturing Technician at Beekley Corporation in Bristol, CT.
This is a hands on role and opportunity to work at the state of the art Beekley Innovation & Technology Center, a 50,000 square foot facility that was built in 2009. We manufacture low tech medical disposables used in Radiology departments in the US and world-wide. Our second division is Prestige Lane Hospitality brands, a printing business that supports hotel properties.
Beekley Corporation has been awarded a Top Workplace in CT many times.
This is a Full time regular position; Monday- Friday 6AM to 2:30PM. (1 shift operation)
As the Mechanical Manufacturing Technician, you are expected to perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled repairs, installation and maintenance procedures relating to mechanical and electrical components and systems. Your primary role will be in machine maintenance and repair. You are the primary machinist, including working with associated vendors and training associates. You are the point person for implementing process improvements and sustaining lean manufacturing principles.
1. Maintain and improve manufacturing equipment
a. Dismantle, install, assemble, troubleshoot, repair, align and maintain production machines and other related equipment.
b. Perform mechanical troubleshooting/repairs
c. Purchase or create replacement parts
d. Modify machines and incorporate hardware for machine enhancements
e. Machine / fabricate new parts and parts for machine upgrades; or Outsource to R & I MFG
f. Initiate self-training on new equipment/systems.
g. Instruct others on the use of new/modified systems
h. Generate ideas for continuous improvements of machinery and processes.
i. Install and maintain compressed air, water & sewer lines within the facility
2. Maintain records in the Maintenance Program
a. Maintain complete and accurate records in the Maintenance Program
b. Record all information on discrepancies, repairs, parts used, corrective actions, etc.
c. Provide semi-annual report on the status of all equipment and cite any trends
2. Adopt and implement lean manufacturing methods into all of manufacturing
a. Practice and support lean manufacturing standards within all of manufacturing. Seek opportunities for improvement and implement them.
b. Continuously analyze manufacturing operations and identify opportunities for process improvement and waste reduction.
c. Communicate immediately to medical manufacturing manager upon finding problems on the manufacturing floor; work to resolve issues and minimize their impact to our production schedule.
Beekley Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and an ISO certified company
We are smoke free, drug free and fragrance free company.