Professional Services, Biotech
- Two to three years’ experience as a Meeting Planner
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to learn quickly scientific and technical knowledge
- Working knowledge of Windows & Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills Strong problem solving, decision making and customer service skills required
- Ability to coordinate the efforts of a divergent group of people to achieve specific goals
- Ability to travel -20%, possible overnight and weekend travel.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE M/F/D/V
As the Meeting Planner you will be the Globus contact for meetings and conferences that Globus attends or organize. Your responsibilities will also include providing customer service to a wide range of external customers. The job requires the individual to be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast paced environment. Must be enthusiastic, positive, even tempered and have strong skills in areas of dependability, interpersonal relationships, flexibility and maturity. Routinely handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner.
- Plan, organize and coordinate Globus participation in Surgeon Society conferences and meetings.
- Perform venue searches for meeting space and/or sleeping rooms, submitted and evaluate RFP’s, negotiate contracts.
- Plan and organize other Globus corporate meetings held both at off-site locations and at Globus Headquarters. These include activities for management, field management, product development and training.
- As part of the planning and organizing responsibilities, you will assist the executive or manager responsible for the above meetings and develop a timeline for each meeting.
- Responsible for the coordination of all Globus equipment being sent to any off-site locations assuring that the display/activities of the meeting can be met.
- Communication of all meeting details to attendees.
- Maintenance of all meeting information (meeting details, attendee tracking, badges, hotels, equipment required, speaker arrangements).
- Responsible for communication to the hotel for all planning of logistics. This includes setting-up master billing and billing instructions, rooming list, food and beverage requirements, recreational activities, etc.
- Budgeting for meetings. This includes prepared budget cost specifications to include hotel, printing, special events as well as any additional components for all anticipated functions.
- Help coordinate the Globus National Sales meeting.
- Arrange audio/visual/internet equipment.
- Participate in the coordination of the company exhibit booths
- Special projects and duties as assigned.