Executive Chef - Hotel & Conference Center
Executive Chef - Hotel & Conference Center
Patrice & Associates - GFS
Restaurant - Food Service, Hospitality - Hotel, Management
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Minimum of 2+ years of culinary schooling preferred.
- Must have 5+ years of prior experience as an Executive Chef in a multi-outlet hotel.
- Willingness and desire to reside in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley
5 Advantages YOU get using Patrice & Associates - GFS
- We work for YOU for FREE as a Career Coach to find YOU the perfect career!
- We know openings that are not on job boards (the best usually aren't)
- We get qualified candidates directly to the decision makers (YOU jump the line)
- We work confidentially protecting your job while looking for new opportunities
- We give you the advantage of being in our secure database for future options
PATRICE & ASSOCIATES HAS HUNDREDS OF OPENINGS
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TODAY FOR CONSIDERATION !!
Boutique-style Hotel & Conference Center
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Our client is an experienced hotel development/ management company based in Maryland. In April they are opening a NEW, ground up build, hotel and regional conference center in Virginia located in the heart of the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. The property is a joint-venture between the city and a major public university and includes 200+ rooms and a 20,000 sqft conference center. The hotel and conference center are located on the campus of the university.
We are in search of an experienced Executive Chef to lead the culinary development and team through the opening and long into the future. This is an opportunity for the Chef to make their mark by ensuring the property becomes known for the best possible food and banquet experience in the region. Create, develop, lead, manage and GROW with this amazing and rare opportunity.
- Responsible for enhancing the food product that is presented to guests. Make changes that respond to the marketplace and to guests' needs, both present and anticipated. Recommend changes to the food product.
- Responsible for maintaining quality of food product and ensuring consistency in food delivery and standards.
- Provide support of a specialist nature to the Executive Committee, particularly to the Food and Beverage Director.
- Work in support of team goals and measures effectiveness through the Food and Beverage profit and service performance of the hotel.
- Responsible for the selection, training and development of the personnel within the department.
- Able to exercise hire and fire discretion within the hotel's policies. Responsible for goal setting for individuals within culinary team, including on-going coaching and development of culinary team.
- Controlling the elements that determine profit and loss. Responsible for all major operating expenses including plate costing, portion control, and delivery of budgeted food cost. Set margins and manage the business against projections. Participation in assuring budgeted check averages and covers are achieved, via each meal period.
- Give direction and be responsible for the implementation of plans. Monitor effectiveness and introduce changes in response to the marketplace. Set targets, plan and schedule work and performance indicators that are typically productivity and efficiency measures.
- Vendor management to shop “best pricing" and ensure competition through coordination with Accounting Department.
- Integrating local products through seasonal menu updates, and scheduled tastings prior to menu changes.
- Strict adherence to best practices in order to ensure compliance (or better) to health code requirements.
- Adherence to all OSHA requirements as related to the culinary operation. Establish best practices for safety in the workplace in order to avoid any workplace injuries and worker's compensation claims.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Extensive knowledge of menu development, insight into marketing, cost and wage control. Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation. Artistic ability to create theme menus.
- Extensive experience with banquet management and food preparation for events in excess of 500 and experience serving seated meals to groups as large as 1000.
- Ability to analyze, forecast data, and make judgments to ensure proper payroll and production control.
- Ability to supervise large staff and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
- Ability to conduct meetings, menu briefings and maintain communication lines between line staff and Food and Beverage Director.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts
- Establish system that will create recipes and support material, i.e. recipe cards, descriptions, and pictures.
- Ability to physically self-demonstrate culinary techniques, i.e. cutting, cooking principles, plate presentation, safety and sanitation practices.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.