Tournament Dealer - Poker
Tournament Dealer - Poker
The Venetian I The Palazzo Resort, Hotel & Casino
Hospitality - Hotel
Minimum Employment Requirements:
- 21 years of age,
- proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States,
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English, both in oral and written form.
- Have interpersonal skills with focused attention to guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Venetian and Palazzo Unmatched Guest Service Standards.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- At least 1 year casino experience and/or recent graduate from an accredited Casino Gaming School certified in Poker required.
- Must possess previous experience with a major four or five star resort preferred.
- Multi-game knowledge required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain gaming registration.
- Must be able to perform basic math skills.
- Must possess complete knowledge of common rules and procedures of all Poker games dealt.
- Must be proficient in English.
- Must have ability to make fair and equitable judgment calls.
- Must have ability to work toward a common goal as a member of a unified team.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to handle problem situations in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well, give direction, review the work of others, and provide guidance and counsel when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Must maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with hotel guests in a congenial and polite manner.
- Must be able to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- Provide a service or assistance to meet the needs of a guest, client or customer.
- Proper performance requires knowledge of a specific function or activity and familiarity with policies and procedures of the department.
- Comply with policies and procedures of the department or section in order to complete service satisfactorily.
- Proper performance requires some physical and mental dexterity in order to accomplish tasks associated with the completion of the service.
- Possess skills to expedite clerical processing, perform a service, evaluate information, and take action based upon information to complete a task or assignment or activity.
- Completion of a task or assignment requires use of equipment, tools or systems related to the proper performance of the service.
- Provide a service for others, and provide expertise based on information keyed, gathered, studied, processed or reviewed.
- Must be able to sit, stand and move throughout the assigned area for extended periods of time and maintain mobility to move throughout the Poker Room.
- Must have the ability to reach or lean across the table to retrieve cards, chips, player identification or other documentation.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast paced casino environment and deal effectively with guests, management, and employees in all situations.
- Must be able to see with correctable 20/20 vision in order to protect the integrity of the game.
- Must possess ability to perform work in an area that may be unusually hot, cold, noisy, smoky, dimly lit or illuminated.
- Ability to lift or carry a minimum of 30 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
The primary responsibility of the Dealer Tournament Poker is to proficiently, courteously, and accurately provide an Unmatched Guest experience through the delivery of superior guest service while maintaining a sound understanding of game play, rules, internal controls and gaming standards. Encourage repeat business, while maintaining game integrity. Performs all duties in accordance with The Venetian and The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino’s policies and procedures. Dealer specific to tournament sanctioned play only.
- Protects and controls game being dealt.
- Conducts the games in accordance with Departmental policies and procedures, handling player transactions and notifying Poker Supervisor of any irregularities.
- Advises Poker Supervisor of any player disputes or arguments that may arise during the game.
- Informs Poker Supervisor of important or relevant facts regarding specific players.
- Maintains a professional, friendly and courteous atmosphere providing the guest with a pleasant experience.
- Must be able to touch and handle supplies in a safe and non-hazardous manner, maintaining proper hygiene, cleanliness, and disposal methods.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.