Hotel Front Desk
Hotel Front Desk
Catalina Island Company
Hospitality - Hotel
· Must have mathematical skills to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, refunds, etc.
· Must have exceptional organizational skills and have the ability to work cooperatively with internal employees of the company as well as a variety of guests
· Demonstrate a positive, constructive attitude and be able to problem solve
· Must be proficient with computers Ð will work with point-of-sale and hotel reservation systems
· Knowledge of Microsoft programs very helpful
· Must have a strong passion for exemplary customer service both internal and external and have a can-do attitude
Education and/or Experience:
· Requires a minimum of 1 year Hotel experience in an upscale hotel or high end resort.
· Hospitality or Tourism degree/certificate preferred
POSITION: Front Desk Clerk
REPORTS TO: General Manager - Hotels
JOB TYPE: Full Time & Part Time
LOCATION: Avalon, CA
About the Company:
Catalina Island Company, the resort operator on Catalina Island, is located 22 miles off the coast of southern California and offers an abundance of amenities including Descanso Beach Club and Canyon, Island Spa Catalina, Pavilion Hotel, Avalon Grille, state-of-the-art beachfront conference and meeting space Catherine's Terrace, as well as Banning House Lodge & Villas, Harbor Reef Restaurant and Harbor Sands in Two Harbors. The Catalina Island Company boasts more than 25 activities and tours designed to introduce visitors to the island's natural beauty and rich history including the Zip Line Eco Tour, East End Adventure, Undersea Expedition and many more.
We are committed to encouraging and developing our team in a world class environment and are continuously developing the products and services we offer to increase the standards on Catalina Island Ð “California's Island Escape”.
The main function of the Front Desk Clerk is to staff the front desk of the hotel and to book phone reservations for accommodations and transportation. The Front Desk Clerk also provides local information to guests, provides camping information and reservations and sells tours to hotel guests and general public. Helps coordinate guest activities.
● Must be proficient with Resort Data Processing (a hotel reservation system) and PASS (a sightseeing ticketing and tour seat inventory system).
● Must possess a knowledge of Lotus and Microsoft Word or Corel WordPerfect is helpful. Must be computer literate
● Provides general information for hotel, tourist attractions, dining options, transportation, etc.
● Answers questions and respond to guest inquiries
● Coordinates transportation and tour arrangements
● Books reservations for lodging space; including rate and payment information for guests
● Posts and refunds payments. Balances shift report with all payments including credit cards
● Provides local area information to our in-house guests and the general public, as well as requests received by mail and by telephone. Fills information and tour requests received by mail or phone
● Ensures Front Desk is never left unattended during shift
● Checks-in hotel guests including walk-ins and groups
● Acts as coordinator between the guests, housekeeping, and the bell staff
● Works with guests to address concerns or special needs requests
● Maintains safe working conditions and ensure safe work practices are followed to avoid accidents/injuries. Ensure health and safety policies are adhered to at all times
● Works with managers and other team members to support sales promotions
● Must maintain a positive attitude toward work, colleagues and interface with guests in a congenial and polite manner
● Must be knowledgeable on the Company's activities and various venues in order to recommend and/or upsell
● Must have mathematical skills to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, refunds, etc.
● Must have exceptional organizational skills and have the ability to work cooperatively with internal employees of the company as well as a variety of guests
● Demonstrate a positive, constructive attitude and be able to problem solve
● Must be proficient with computers Ð will work with point-of-sale and hotel reservation systems
● Knowledge of Microsoft programs very helpful
● Must have a strong passion for exemplary customer service both internal and external and have a can-do attitude
Education and/or Experience:
● Requires a minimum of 1 year Hotel experience in an upscale hotel or high end resort.
● Hospitality or Tourism degree/certificate preferred
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
● Requires visual acuity and ability to hear to clearly communicate with Managers, coworkers and guests.
● Must be able to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
● Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
We offer a highly competitive salary with health, dental life, 401K Match, vacation and sick benefits for all Full Time regular positions. Both Full Time and Part Time positions receive discounts in F&B outlets in the company and discounted hotel rooms and activity tours.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.