Hampton Inn Brooklyn/Downtown
Hospitality - Hotel
· Any and all state and local age and licensing requirements must be met prior to operating and handling any hand or power tools, torches, chemicals, etc., as well as for driving of the hotel van.
· Must have completed their Fire Safety Director Certificate to be considered.
· A working ability with HVAC, electrical, plumbing and carpentry is needed, and formal training in at least one of these disciplines is preferred.
· Must be comfortable with hand and power tools, painting, minor plumbing, and some electrical work.
· Ability to carry and move fifty (50) pounds or more throughout the property, including up and down stairways.
· Must be capable of walking, including stairs climbing, ladder climbing, kneeling, reaching, bending and lifting.
· Must be computer knowledgeable.
· Ability to stand the entire shift, long hours sometimes required.
· Must be fluent in English.
· One year previous hotel (or like) experience preferred, but not required
· High school degree or equivalent required
· Must have a completed F-58Fire Safety Director's license/certificate preferred, or will need to complete it after hire, if not.
Hours of position:
This position is full-time and must have flexible availability; able to work 7AM Ð 3PM, 3PM Ð 11PM, 11PM-7AM nights, weekends, & holidays.
7-3, 3-11, 11PM-7AM nights
Hampton Inn in Brooklyn/Downtown, NY is part of LodgeWorks, a hotel management and development company based in Wichita, Kansas with 750+ employees nationwide. Our multi-brand strategy includes Hyatt Place, HYATT house, Aloft, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and other high quality, nationally branded products. We are industry innovators with a rich history and a strong family culture. At LodgeWorks, hospitality is more than just the industry in which we work. It defines everything we do. Hospitality is the single most important element of our organization Ð the foundation upon which everything is built.
The Hampton Inn Brooklyn/Downtown, NY is looking for a full-time Maintenance Technician to handle the day-to-day repairs and maintenance needs at our hotel.
As part of the Maintenance team, this position performs all necessary repairs and preventative maintenance as directed by the Chief Engineer to maintain a safe, attractive and efficiently operated hotel. This individual; will need to be a team player that is willing to help out in other departments, as needed.