• 5-7 years of related experience in warehouse, distribution center or manufacturing shipping/receiving environment including all manual operations (forklift driving, packaging, loading, etc.).
• Experience with the global export and import of goods
• Must be proficient in operating a forklift, clamp devise, pallet jack, and maintain company required forklift certification.
• Must have the ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
• Knowledge of Inbound/ Outbound freight and Import/Export procedures
• Excellent computer skills to include MS Office suites software and ERP/WMS.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
This is a full time position at a great company with an excellent benefit package for their valued employees. Candidates must supply current or expected compensation to be considered for this position.
Our client is a $multi-million supplier of commercial laundry equipment for coin operated, as well as on premise laundry operations used in hotels and other large facilities. They are renowned for exceptional service and superior innovation. They are seeking a full-time Warehouse Manager to work at their Headquarters in Western Nassau County.
Plan, organize, supervise and participate in daily warehouse operation and activities, including receiving, documentation, inventory, storage, safety and picking of equipment, supplies and parts. Maintenance of inventory of the warehouse.
This person reports to the Operations Manager.
• Manage all receiving, returns, repairs, conversions, shipping and facility maintenance within warehouse.
• Plan, direct, and coordinate the daily warehouse activities in regards to the storage and distribution of machines and parts.
• Review and find ways to minimize the financial impact of proposed logistic changes, such as routing, shipping modes, and carrier’s selections.
• Manage domestic freight shipments and assist with international imports.
• Plan and coordinate work, train, motivate, monitor and evaluate performance of warehouse and receiving associates; Ensure their ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations; Counsel, coach record and discipline as necessary.
• Confirm inventory reports and monitor the distribution of products
• Coordinate with other departments regarding sales, purchasing, and accounting, so that the warehouse activities remain coordinated and running smoothly. Manage all aspects of inventory control; Manage retrieval and the timely delivery of goods; shipment loading & transferring; document recording and data entry.
• Ensure that appropriate stocking levels are being met, rotate stock and maintain integrity of product.
• Ensure the proper transfer process of product in locations, including the follow-up of documentation.
• Check and verify shipping records, handling questions or concerns of shipping shortages or overages and addressing any problems within the inventory control process.