Hotel Assistant Controller
Hotel Assistant Controller
Accounting, Hospitality - Hotel
4 Year Degree
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting and/or finance
- C.P.A. is strongly preferred but not required
- 5+ years of experience as an Accountant at a remote hotel location, or 2+ years corporate Accounting/Controller experience at a hotel company
- Experience with Galaxy and/or Opera is highly preferred
JRK Hotel Group offers an attractive location, salary, and benefits to support this position.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your updated resume through this posting!
We are looking for a game-changing Assistant Hotel Controller, based out of the Sheraton Grand in Downtown Nashville which is located just 3 blocks from the Nashville Convention Center. This Nashville hotel is a beautiful atrium-style hotel that towers 28 stories over the city and just steps away from Bridgestone Arena and other popular things to do in Nashville.
JRK Property Holdings is a vertically integrated $6 billion real estate company with assets in 22 states across the country. JRK offers incredible opportunities in its private equity, asset management, and property management divisions. Founded in 1991, JRK owns, operates and manages over 80 multifamily properties, 4 hotels, a combined portfolio with approximately $6 billion in market value.
There will be exposure to all facets of the business! If you are looking for an opportunity to be a part of a diversely talented, fast-paced, growing team and a company you can take pride in, consider a career at JRK.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for supervising two accountants and one accounts payable person within the JRK Hotel Group which currently consists of four hotels. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for the day to day accounting functions for two of those hotels. These responsibilities include maintenance and support to the general ledger, accounting and collection of accounts receivable, supervising accounts payable, occupancy tax return preparation, income audits, monthly financial reporting including financial statement preparation, budgeting and forecasting and profit and loss analysis. This ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills coupled with a ""roll up your sleeves" work ethic and an ability to manage both subordinates and supervisors.
- Aid in the supervision of the Hotel Group of accountants to facilitate the monthly accounting for four hotel properties
- Implement processes and procedures to improve the efficiency of the accounting recordation and close process
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Provide management and the operational team with various reports used to manage the hotels
- Work closely with the hotel operational teams to address accounting solutions for operational issues
- Close the accounting records monthly including preparation of general ledger support schedules
- Review and Sign off on cash reconciliation and help Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Accrue all liabilities incurred each month
- Review and help Create and update monthly schedules that support the balance sheet and certain line items in the income statement
- Reconcile the city ledger in Galaxy and Opera to the general ledger on a monthly basis
- Follow up with hotel accounting personnel regarding all receivable balances past due more than 30 days and assist with collection efforts
- Properly record and amortize prepaid expenses
- Supervise and monitor on-site hotel accountants and staff with regards to accounting policies and procedures