Hotel Assistant General Manager
Hotel Assistant General Manager
Hospitality - Hotel, Management
Responsibilities:To assist the General Manager in all duties as follows:
1. Budget Management- Assists in developing operating budgets.
2. Sales & Marketing- Sell potential guests both within the hotel and outside the hotel. Meets and greets convention officers and other VIP's. Create and implement marketing plan.
3. Maintenance of Quality Standards for proper guestroom cleanliness, function room set up and public room set-ups; maintenance of all facilities, service and employee performance. Is required to inspect at least 10 rooms per week.
4. Operations Analysis and Department Head Supervision- Analyzes operations and meets with department heads to review the operations and receive their suggestions.
5. Develops Department Heads - Selects and trains department heads and keeps them informed of company policies; observes their performance. Delegates responsibilities, holds them responsible for standards set forth by Hotel, assists them in improving their level of performance.
6. Employee Relations - Works with department heads and employees directly and counsels employees when necessary. Establishes programs to improve employee morale and motivation. Delegates work responsibilities in order to best utilize all personnel.
7. Forecast and Planning - Participates and directs scheduled internal meetings regarding sales, forecasting, quality control, safety, etc.
8. Reports- Prepares all reports on a timely basis. Analyzes and states strategies to improve.
9. Hotel Building Improvements - Prepares required capital improvements list annually.
10. Staffing - Studies and analyzes employee work assignments from which staffing guides are established and approved. Maintains daily check on payroll performance and takes affirmative action to correct high payroll costs. Approves all overtime, both before and after in the case of an emergency or unscheduled requirement. Responsible for properly maintaining employee files. Reviews & submits all payroll in timely fashion.
11. Controls Other Expenses - Checks controls and approves all other hotel expenses.
12. Safety and Sanitation - Inspects the property and implements action to ensure the safety and comfort from fire, injury, or illness due to unsafe or unsanitary conditions.
13. Competition - Obtains current, competitive rate information.
14. Home Office Communications- Reviews all significant items with Area Manager or other home office executives for information purposes, policy decisions, or assistance requests.
15. Adheres to all company policies & procedures & brand standards.
Qualification / Requirements
Must be able to favorably represent Hotel to the guests and the community. Operational knowledge of all phases of the hotel; special knowledge of budget and accounting; sales procedure, proper selection, development and motivation of personnel skills. CHA designation preferred.
1. Employee Relations - Responsible for maintaining high employee morale and a well trained, highly qualified staff.
2. Materials and Products - Directly or indirectly responsible for all products, inventory, and consumable items used in the Inn and the proper preparation and use consistent with the Inn's cost objectives.
3. Equipment-Direct and indirect responsibility for all hotel equipment, building, and furnishings.
4. Money- Directly and indirectly responsible for all revenues and accounts receivable & enforcement of cash handling procedures.
Must have 2 years of Hotel Management or Hotel Supervisory experience. Must have the ability to lift, bend, move heavy equipment, and remain on one's feet for extended periods of time. Must have good communication skills, Spanish speaking skills a plus. Must be team oriented and dedicated to providing excellent service and ensuring that the brand's highest standards are met. Each team member is considered a salesperson for the property. Must be able to work any day of the week including weekends and holidays. Any hotel employee may be asked to use their personal vehicle for business purposes at any time.
We are currently seeking a full time Assistant General Manager for our Hotel location in Barstow, CA.
The position will provide support to the General Manager in all duties as follows: To supervise the operation of the property as efficiently as possible. To hire and or train a qualified staff to produce the highest volume of sales and affect the greatest profit while maintaining a high degree of public satisfaction, confidence and prestige in the service and quality of the hotel. To follow Hotel policies and procedures. To remain competitive in every area and to produce and achieve budgetary goals. To maintain a high employee morale. To supervise and participate in the operations of the hotel in order to achieve the desired sales and profit goals. To deal with guests, potential guests, and community leaders. To maintain the highest ethical standards of operation and quality of services and facilities for the hotel. To ensure good working relationship with the Food and Beverage Department by overseeing and guiding the staff through open communications and at times "hands on" participation.
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position and would like the opportunity to join our ever-growing team, we would like to hear from you, Please Apply Now by sending us a copy of your resume.