Community Association Manager (Property Manager)
Community Association Manager (Property Manager)
Hospitality - Hotel, Finance
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business or related field from a four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience. A current CAM license is required for consideration.
The Manager must have at least 3- 5 years of experience as a property manager, including building operations, management of staff and service contracts, resident retention and resident improvements.
Must possess a strong managerial background.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, leases, regulations or documents with a similar degree of complexity.
Computer literacy: Proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications especially Excel & Word
Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
Perform functions to manage, direct and provide leadership to an assigned property and book of business. Ensure property is maintained and operated in accordance with company objectives and facilitate solutions to problems between communities and internal support staff, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
The Community Association Manager (Property Manager) provides management, direction, and leadership to ensure the property is maintained and operated in accordance with Company objectives. Property Managers are certified and licensed by the State of Florida for Community Association Management (CAM). Responsibilities include working closely with the association, Board of Directors and/or the developer to manage and operate the community, facilitate solutions to problems between communities and internal support staff. Strong management skills, customer service skills and supervisory skills are required.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field from an accredited college or university, and three years experience in Property Operations, Hospitality or Construction; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be certified and licensed by the State of Florida for Community Association Management (CAM).
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
- Knowledge and ability to apply Georgia Statutes and Community's documents.
- Knowledge of assets, cash balance, and availability of funds for projects and cash flow management for capital improvements
- Excellent organization, motivation, leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking, complex problem solving, judgment and decision making ability.
- Ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and provide guidance to all employee levels.
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, leases and/or regulations
- Must have a strong work ethic and be detail-oriented with excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Must have strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Proficiency researching the Internet. Previous experience with financial and accounting programs preferred.
- Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
- Demonstrated experience managing large, complex accounts or projects. Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently. Must be self-driven with the ability to identify, plan and prioritize business opportunities.
- Knowledge of mechanical operations of a building and equipment preferred.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations within established timeframe
- Ability to adjust to changing circumstances.
Tools & Equipment Used
Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and usual office equipment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
This position works under usual office conditions. The employee is required to work at a personal computer as well as be on the phone for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand, sit, walk and occasionally climb. The incumbent must be on call at all times and able to work extended and flexible hours and weekends as needed. Physical demands include ability to lift up to 50 lbs. The incumbent must be able to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work may involve some driving/traveling to various sites.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.