Chef Tournant - Banquets Garde Manger
Chef Tournant - Banquets Garde Manger
The Venetian I The Palazzo Resort, Hotel & Casino
Hospitality - Hotel, Restaurant - Food Service
- At least 5 years of experience in high volume restaurant production, preferably in a hotel/casino environment.
- At least 2 years of experience as a supervisor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Extensive knowledge of F&B preparation, presentation, and production.
- Extensive knowledge of large production kitchen equipment.
- Possess advanced knife skills.
- Basic mathematical skills for recipe development, food cost, and labor cost analysis
- Able to effectively communicate in English in both written and oral forms.
- High school diploma or equivalent, preferably with an Associate Degree in F&B and/or course certification from an accredited Culinary Institute.
- Previous working experience in similar resort/hotel setting.
- Be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Frequent walking, withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction.
- Be able to work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to computer screen fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke, and be able to access all areas of the property.
Exhibit and maintain knowledge and understanding of all food products and is able to skillfully apply culinary and cooking techniques to menu items. Assist, oversees, and participates in all facets of the Garde Manger business ranging from inventory, preparation, scheduling, ordering, and presentation. Assist Garde Manger chef with purchasing, receiving, purveyor lists, and inventory of all kitchen items. Develop and mentor team members. All duties to be performed in accordance with departmental and Venetian/Palazzo policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Key Responsibilities
- Ensures food quality, presentation and preparation of menu items is executed according to hotel standards.
- Regularly order and restock kitchen supplies and food items required for service.
- Ensure all products are rotating on first in, first-out philosophy.
- Produce production list to ensure efficient execution of service.
- Ensure all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated area.
- Coordinates with support departments for acquisition of needed goods and services.
- Effectively communicate with management and cooks in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guest and/or other employees.
- Works to maintain food costs within set operating budget.
- Conduct training for all cooks on job responsibilities.
- Skillfully and knowledgably work each kitchen station.
- Versatile in preparing both hot and cold items.
- Create, read, measure, and execute recipes.
- Assist Garde Manger chef with scheduling needs to ensure sufficient staffing levels as determined by number and type of functions occurring at the hotel.
- Maintain supervisory role in absence of Garde Manger Chef.
- Understand and issue discipline according to HR policies and procedures
- Follow all health, sanitation, and safety regulations.
- Perform all other job duties as requested.
- Interpersonal skills with focused attention to guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintains a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to The Venetian /Palazzo appearance standards.
- Maintains consistent adherence to The Venetian/Palazzo Unmatched Guest Service Standards.
- Works in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
- Maintains the physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Work as a team, assisting all guests and employee’s needs and inquiries.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job
- Performs other related duties as assigned