Security Aquatic Safety - Manager
Security Aquatic Safety - Manager
The Venetian I The Palazzo Resort, Hotel & Casino
Hospitality - Hotel
- 21 years of age.
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Recreation Management preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Nevada Driver’s License, Nevada Gaming Control Board Registration, Techniques of Alcohol (TAM) card, American Red Cross Lifeguard/First Aid, American Red Cross Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for the Professional Rescuer and any other certification or license, as required by law or policy.
- 3 years of experience in leadership/management, preferably in Aquatics within a hotel or similar environment.
- Working knowledge of Southern Nevada Health District regulations and protocols.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, the following certifications, or equivalents, within six (6) months of hire:
- American Red Cross Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for the Professional Rescuer
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- American Red Cross Oxygen Administration
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training/First Aid
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Instructor
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Trainer preferred.
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Trainer preferred.
- Experience in emergency medical service delivery as an Emergency Medical Technician preferred.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both in spoken and written form.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with guests and other Team Members of different backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to:
- Lift or carry 50 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks, as assigned.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in seasonal heat (100F+) or cold as well as inclement weather.
- Physically access all areas of the property and drive areas with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts.
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with guests, management, other team members, and outside contacts.
- Ability for prolonged periods of time to walk, stand, stretch, bend and kneel.
- Work in a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to, CRT, noise, dust, and cigarette smoke.
The primary responsibility of the Manager – Security Aquatic Safety is to provide leadership needed to provide a safe and secure experience for guests that utilize swimming pools. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian | The Palazzo Casino Resort’s policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directs, develops, and oversees the Aquatic Safety Program.
- Defines and oversees implementation of goals, policies and procedures for the Aquatic Safety Team.
- Preserves the general safety of the property’s guests, Team Members, and physical assets associated with swimming pool usage.
- Monitors and maintains appropriate levels of supplies, equipment, and inventory to ensure efficient and effective operations. Participates in the procurement process, including researching materials and equipment and requisitioning materials as needed.
- Partners with Facilities, Food & Beverage, and other essential departments to ensure proper pool area coverage and effective pool operations management.
- Responds to guest inquiries in a courteous manner; provides information within the area of assignment; resolves complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Monitors and inspects maintenance of aquatics safety facilities and equipment to ensure adherence to standards of cleanliness and safety; prepares monthly readiness report; requests maintenance services as necessary.
- Participates in the preparation and administration of aquatics safety program budget. Submits budget recommendations.
- Enforces facility, department and governmental rules and regulations.
- Develops an emergency action plan and practices the plan regularly with staff.
- Ensures regular in-service training with lifeguards and instructors to review first aid, lifeguarding and CPR procedures.
- Prepares a variety of reports.
- Maintains pool staff certifications on file and monitors certification expiration dates.
- Demonstrates leadership through professional interpersonal relations, team building, problem solving, creativity, integrity, and initiative.
- Ensures Team Members adhere to established work methods, techniques and schedules, and comply with applicable laws and regulations; Company and department policies, procedures, standards and specifications; reviews needs with appropriate management staff; allocates resources accordingly.
- Responsible for updating current and developing new programs/processes.
- Determines staffing needs; organize and coordinate personnel, equipment and resources.
- Maintains professional skills by staying abreast of current developments and participating in developmental programs within and outside the company.
- Ensures that required records and files are maintained and reviewed on a regular basis for auditing purposes.
- Communicates with other members of management to share/assist with dissemination of pertinent information, policy and procedure changes, and job related information.
- Ensures safety practices are followed and reports completed.
- Communicates regularly with other managers about changes, observations and recommendations.
- Monitors individual performance of direct reports and Team Members and conduct performance appraisals to enhance skill sets.
- Counsels, mentors, coaches and, if needed, disciplines staff on sub-standard performance.
- Edits/corrects daily payroll.
- Partner with Human Resources to address Team Member communications, administration and performance issues.
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Company Standards of Conduct
All Venetian | Palazzo Team Members are expected to conduct and carry themselves in a professional manner at all times. Team Members are required to observe the Company’s standards, work requirements and rules of conduct. Team Members are expected to behave in a manner that supports a harmonious work environment to help us deliver unmatched service to our guests and customers.