Assistant Club Manager
Assistant Club Manager
East Bank Club
Hospitality - Hotel, Management
4 Year Degree
• Standing and walking for sustained periods of time.
• Frequent lifting up to 25 pounds.
• Ability to be exposed to various chemicals and fragrances used in spas, salon, locker rooms, housekeeping, laundry and pools.
• Frequent ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.
• Occasional need to use a ladder for stock/inventory needs.
• Possible travel to meetings and conferences in and out of town, which may include overnight accommodations.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• Experience with working in a luxury, upscale environment with strong hospitality focus preferred.
• Previous hospitality experience required, minimum of 2 years preferred.
• Demonstrate strong leadership ability, ability to build a strong & productive team environment
• Ability to multitask, may need to fill in as needed.
• Strategic thinker; ability to analyze and solve issues quickly.
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities, works well under pressure, and is able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Exceptional organizational, written and oral communication skills. Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
• Microsoft Office Suite
EBC offers a generous benefit package including medical/ dental insurance, 401K, paid vacation/ personal days, discounted parking, and workout privileges. Job description and benefits may also be viewed via our website www.eastbankclub.com under our career center. Applications can be downloaded for your convenience. Please fax/email resumes to 312-644-3868 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
East Bank Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug/ smoke free work place.
Monday 4:45am - 1pm
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 3pm - 11pm
Saturday 12:30pm - 9pm
The Assistant Club Manager will help foster the culture through self-leadership, passion, integrity, creativity and hospitality while supervising the day to day safety, security, and member service operations of East Bank Club. The Assistant Club Manager will support the organization's culture, processes, practices and systems to ensure that all employees are given the opportunity to contribute to the business goals of the company and its members. The Assistant Club Manager is a direct liaison between our members, employees, and the executive team, must exhibit enthusiasm, confidence, and the ability to remain calm in all situations.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
1. Customer Service/Leadership
• Lead by example by providing quality customer service and member resolution in a timely manner, delivers a strong & consistent work ethic
• Ensure staff consistently follows our expected high level of hospitality & integrity, helping our members live well.
• Treat members, guests & employees with fairness, integrity, positivity and consistency.
2. Daily Operations
• Facility walk-through; interior and exterior, check cleanliness and address concerns
• Work with Security Manager on incident reporting system, to include thorough reporting, handling, investigation, follow-through, follow-up, and the ongoing maintenance and communication of the watch list.
• Must be able to open and close the facility, and understand all processes required in the varying shifts, as well as specific tasks assigned to each shift.
• First responder for all club emergencies.
• Assists in departmental coverage upon notification of absence(s).
• Support multiple areas of the club, such as Member Services, Reservation Desk, Reservation Desk, Sundeck & Children's Activity Center Camp, attending to the needs and questions of members and guests
• Assist in enforcing various club policies while being empowered to handle member situations on a case-by-case exception basis.
• Fill in for various departments when short staffed or during busy periods, which may include but not limited to: reception desk, PBX, coat check, men's locker room, women's locker room, reservations desk, gymnasium, member services, and housekeeping
• Thorough knowledge of all operating systems, club events, club policies and guidelines
3. Staff Management (varies based on Assistant Club Manager departmental assignment)
• Evaluate the hiring needs of the assigned department(s), interview and onboard new staff.
• Oversee schedules, payroll processes, overtime & commissions relative to assigned department(s). Coach employees to meet consistent standards daily..
• Prepare & execute annual reviews, with one-on-one coaching.
• Communicate and enforce company policy and procedures.
• Document all performance issues in a timely manner.
• Handle employee discipline; issue written and final warnings as necessary; recommend termination of employees to Club Operations Manager, Director and/or Executive.
• Supervise the daily work of all employees; direct, assign, and change work assignment; approve overtime.
4. Administrative and Marketing (varies based on Assistant Club Manager departmental assignment)
• Prepare correspondence and memos as needed.
• Prepare weekend reports for the executive team, including holidays.
• Process payroll - adhere to payroll deadlines, review timecards and verify commissions (if applicable).
• Assist in developing annual budget and goals; assist in driving business to meet monthly and annual goals.
5. Other tasks as assigned by Club Operations Manager and/or Executive Director
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee.