Norfolk Hospitality LLC
Hospitality - Hotel
The ideal candidate is likely to have 3 or more years of hotel experience with a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Hotel Administration or Business Administration.
Bachelor's degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Administration, Business Administration plus four to six years of prior hotel management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience required may vary based on size and complexity of operation. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
Unique opportunity available for an experienced hands-on General Manager in 103 room franchise hotel. The subject property mainly caters to corporate business, transient, and tourist.
We are looking for a hands-on individual with a minimum of three to five years experience to handle all daily operations of the hotel and its related services. The ideal candidate should have experience in a franchise hotel, preferably Best Western. Front Desk Managers, Sales Managers, and Marketing Managers may also apply depending on skills and experience as this may be a great opportunity for growth. The General Manager will have the following duties, among others:
- Supervise all hotel employees, including recruiting, training, and monitoring the performance of all front desks, housekeeping, breakfast attendant, maintenance and other employees.
- Planning and preparation of all work schedules for employees.
- Ensuring that the quality standards set by ownership is maintained at all times.
- Supervise, control, and scrutinize the ordering of all goods and services to the hotel.
- Inventory oversight, including acceptance of orders, management of inventory process, and enforcement of internal controls.
- Handling of governmental inspections and ensuring compliance with all health, safety and other statutory regulations.
- Oversee the implementation of a marketing plan to improve occupancy and rates.
- Handling of customer issues/comments and resolution of same, within company protocols.
- Troubleshooting problems that arise on-site and providing common sense, practical solutions for same.
- Ensuring proper safety and security is observed of guest and staff at all times.
· Prepare annual capital, cash flow and sales and marketing plans to accurately forecast budgets and achieve required operating results.
· Analyze financials to drive revenues, future profitability and maximum return on investment. Use distribution channels and technology platforms to drive revenue and maximize market share.
· Lead capital plans and asset management initiatives, including working with owners to maintain or improve property's market leadership position.
· Develop programs that drive improvements in team member engagement and are aligned with the Best Western brand service behaviors.
· Develop, implement and monitor team member succession planning to ensure future bench strength. Establish performance and development goals for team members and provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to enhance performance.
· Oversee any salary, disciplinary or staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
· Demonstrate brand citizenship by maintaining compliance with all required brand standards, behaviors, hallmarks and license agreement mandates.
· Drive improvement in guest satisfaction goals. Collaborate with colleagues and hotel team members to establish and implement services and programs that meet or exceed guest expectations.
· Make time to interact with guests, solicit feedback and build relationships.
The General Manager will meet regularly with ownership to plan and monitor the progress of the hotel against expectations. Manager will also assist in the financial management of the hotel by participating in budgeting procedures and handling daily reconciliations of cash and credit card transactions.
General Manager must be effective at striking a balance between customer satisfaction and effective business management. We are looking for someone who will take pride in their work and enhance the hotel's reputation by providing excellent customer service in a quality setting.
The appropriate candidate should have experience with reservation system software (preferably Visual Matrix), as well as hands on ability to communicate using Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel and Word). Candidate should also possess a hands-on knowledge of tiller reconciliation procedures, inventory management, and marketing.
Salary will be commensurate with experience, and will include health insurance, vacation pay, and bonus based on hotel profits.