Marking Services Installation, Inc.
2 Year Degree
- Associates Degree in Drafting/Modeling or related field of study
- At least two years related experience working in AutoCAD, Navis Works or Smart Plant
- Must be proficient in MS Office
- Must have the ability to read and understand P&ID’s
- Prior experience working in industrial industry is a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work hours are generally during normal business hours and average at least 40 hours a week. May require some additional hours.
Are you looking to join a family-oriented company that designs, engineers, manufactures, and installs a comprehensive range of superior identification products? Marking Services Installation, Inc. has been around for 29 years and creates pipe markers, valve tags, and equipment and safety signs for customers in various industries around the world and is continuing to grow. Launch or continue your career as a CAD Technician with our company!
We offer a full benefits package including: Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending, 401K with company match, and generous paid time-off.
The CAD Technician is responsible for validating or creating Piping & Instrumentation Diagram’s (P&ID’s) to as-built conditions using 3D data as well as making updates to drawings in AutoCAD.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads the Project Definition Document (PDD) and responds to the needs of the projects.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets 3D data collected by the field 3D scanning team.
- Uses 3D data to validate or create P&ID’s to as-built conditions.
- Updates validated or newly created P&ID’s in AutoCAD.
- Generates, distributes and updates daily status reports in Microsoft Excel.
- Works closely with Project Lead and Process Expert to ensure responsibilities are performed within the project timeline.
- All other duties as assigned