(Hotel) Tax Analyst
(Hotel) Tax Analyst
As a Tax Analyst , you will fill a team support role in the Accounting Department by assisting the Tax Manager with tax issues and notices, which includes the preparation of schedules, providing documentation, and updating all schedules used to track tax return filings, notices and audits. At times, the Tax Analyst will be required to work directly with governmental representatives or third party providers.
- Assist the Tax Manager with tax notices, tax audits or special projects as instructed.
- Daily maintain, complete and update the Audit and Notice checklists and the Tax Calendar along with other assigned department schedules.
- Research and resolve tax inquiries, tax accrual issues and tax reconciliation issues.
- Maintain and reconcile monthly all property tax general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Timely preparation of state, local and special tax returns and processing of payments and filing as assigned.
- Ensure that that all tax returns, reconciliations and other supporting schedules are documented and support with traceable, appropriate back up documentation.
- Cross train on the other Tax Analyst job functions and act as backing up for position as needed.
- Foster continuous improvement of the Tax Department team.
- Develop professional and technical knowledge by researching tax questions utilizing CCH, attending educational workshops or classes; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Adhere to the policies outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Maintain relationships and communication, written & verbal, between all levels of employees, outside providers and government representatives. All written and verbal communication should be professional, clear and concise.
- Adhere to policies and procedures and systems of internal control for each Tax Department functional area and corresponding services.
- Adhere to document management and retention policies.