Social Director for Luxury Motorcoach Resort
KW Property Management
Hospitality - Hotel, Admin - Clerical
Required Education and Experience
Prior experience in a related position.
Minimum of 2 years experience in a social or recreational program
Must possess effective written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills, creative, caring, able to work under stress.
Must be able to plan, implement and evaluate an ongoing activity program. Must be able to order and maintain the
supplies necessary to support the activity program. Must be able to work within a budget.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KW Property Management & Consulting is a drug-free workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Schedule: Full-Time Seasonal (April to December); flexible evenings, weekends, depending on the events.
The Activities Director is a diverse full time position with the overall responsibility of providing an exceptional level of social activity for community residents through professional planning, organizing, and scheduling. Skilled communication via newsletter, flyers, website, meetings, etc. is essential to encourage maximum resident participation.
As a team member of KW PROPERTY MANAGEMENT & CONSULTING, you are expected to understand and support the mission statement of the company and practice our GREAT values every day. These values include but are not limited to greeting and smiling; showing respect with name recognition and eye contact; accepting the empowerment to exceed everyone's expectations and showing enthusiasm for your position and duties; being accountable to show a positive attitude and accountable for your actions; and be trustworthy in your duties and transparent in everything you do. These are our GREAT values and part of your work practices and expected as part of your daily activities while working at KW Property Management and Consulting.
Duties and Essential Functions
As a key employee between the client, KW Property Management, and internal support staff, the Activity Director must perform the job duties with a view toward projecting a professional and competent image. Service to the customer in a friendly and outgoing manner is essential, while timeliness and professional appearance are key.
Activity Directors often play a large role in the creation and programming of both recreational and therapeutic activities. They will often work with other staff to develop and implement programs, but they are responsible for ensuring these programs meet any federal or state regulations and are safe and appropriate for all. Scheduling the events is another duty Activity Directors are expected to perform.
The position is fundamental to provide superior social activity to the community and includes working closely with the residents and KWPM On-Site staff to facilitate this result. Strong interpersonal, customer service, planning and organizational skills are requited. Below are some of the essential functions of the job;
- Planning, organizing, scheduling, coordinating and implementing all activities, programs and special events with the highest integrity.
- Planning events Ð acquiring entertainment, caterers, decorations or any other requirements necessary to conduct a successful event.
- Recruits, hires, schedules and evaluates all qualified and certified instructors that provide a variety of social, educational and fitness classes for our residents (ex: aerobics, yoga, foreign language, art classes, etc.). Verifies and obtains license and insurance documentation, when appropriate.
- Communicates with volunteer chairpersons of various activities, clubs and special interest groups (Mah Jongg, Bridge, Art, Photography, etc.).
- Coordinates tours/trips.
- Cuts checks for payment of services in a timely manner (instructors, entertainment, caterers, etc.).
- Builds a high level of involvement by members in all activities/special events.
- Coordinates special considerations for meeting rooms (ex: room settling, microphones, projection screen, etc.). Maintains a reservation calendar to verify availability of facility areas.
- Maintains a registration list for all activities/ classes/events.
- Oversees staff at Member Services along with monitoring all communications, such as the daily and weekly newsletter, pop-up eblasts, an Activites E-Blast weekly for members and any other digital or paper communications to the members originating from Member Services.
- Ensure all staff in every area are fully informed of events and activities. Including but not limited to pool/gate attendants, Tiki Bar, Housekeeping, etcÉ
- Evaluates and critiques activities, monthly, submitting a report of all calendar events with attendance and the Break Even Report to make decisions on scheduling of successful events again.
- Flexible work schedule to be supervise and be present during all activities and special events according to their planned day and time. Nights, weekends and holidays are times when events are executed and the Activities Director needs to be present for members and staff.
- Takes photographs of classes/activities/special events, which are used on the website, and in-house television station to promote additional resident participation.
- Solicits information from the residents and the Social Committee of their desires for specific activities and incorporates those into the schedule when feasible.
- Works with Community General Manager with preparing a budget and working within guidelines. Responsible for accurate accountability of all activity funds.
- Makes rounds on the pool deck, Tiki Bar, and other areas, soliciting members comments and input on past events and future suggestions.
- Proactive- Develop and propose solutions to problems and anticipate the needs of members.
- Interact with local organizations to network and promote the community.
- Communicate effectively with others, both orally and written.
- Representing the community with the utmost professionalism.
- Provide activities information for the website.
- Complete all financial reports and quotes outlining the Profit/Loss of every calendar event.
- Conduct weekly BEO meetings with Culinary, F&B, and General Manager to ensure the execution of each event is planned and the outcome is successful.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment will change frequently. Will work in-doors and out-doors. The environment will be busy and loud during events. The physical location of the job during the events will be primarily on-site at the property.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 30 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures. In this role you may be the only employee present to set up for an event. You will need to be able to work alone and be able to set up tables, chairs, chair equipment, etc, by yourself.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position. Days and hours of the work week vary on the schedule of events. Holidays, nights, and weekends will be part of a regular schedule work week.
Travel will be part of the job. The job will require to purchase or rent equipment and items for events on property. Driving to and from the vendors may be necessary.