- High School Diploma or GED
- Revit, AutoCAD, Navis Manage or Micro station Certifications preferred
- Knowledge of the NEC
- Experience in the electrical design and construction installation methods
- At least 2 years of commercial electrical field experience and 1 year of experience using Revit, AutoCAD or Microstation.
- Detailed understanding of all facets of construction blueprints (architectural, structural, civil, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and special systems).
The CAD Designer develops detailed coordination drawings and fabrication electrical pathways of underground, above ground, under floor, overhead equipment, ceilings and electrical rooms.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop detailed, two-dimensional and three-dimensional conduits, cable tray and equipment drawings for coordination with other trades and prefabrication based on the particular job specifications and design documents.
- Checking as built conditions that require field-surveying techniques.
- Preparing documentation requesting clarification of original architectural design and the organization and follow up responses.
- Performing verification and preparation of layout drawings to meet customer requirements.
- Maintaining REVIT and CAD system to enhance effectiveness.
- Run Clash Detection using Navis Manage for project coordination.
- Applying skills to produce drawings consistent with instruction, prefabrication, guidelines, and standards.
- Managing master file locations, names, file layers, and symbolization
- Reading floor plans, section and elevations; Understanding layering and pen weights.