Waitstaff / Server
Waitstaff / Server
Hospitality - Hotel
We prefer at least six months of serving experience
Blakeford at Green Hill's, Nashville's premiere long term care community, is currently looking for servers. We have availability for part time and full time and shifts that end at 9pm. Pay scale starts at $10 per hour and we offer a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 403b, STD, LTD and 21 paid days off per year.
For more information or to fill out an application please see our website at www.blakeford.com and select the careers tab.
The Wait Staff serve meals to the residents of Blakeford, Burton Court and Woodcrest in a courteous and efficient manner.
ORGANIZATIONAL VALUES: Based upon a core value of Integrity which Blakeford defines as “Doing the right thing every time”, our organization strives to adhere to the following values in all that we do: Community – Nurturing a sense of connection and belonging. Compassion – Caring from the heart. Respect – Honoring and valuing every person. Consistency – Always being exemplary. Innovation – Encouraging the pursuit of limitless possibilities. Empowerment – Supporting hospitality inspired solutions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Wait Staff:
- Utilize proper food handling and food service techniques.
- Ensure all tables are set and chairs are clean and in place prior to service.
- Take orders from each guest in a timely manner and are knowledgeable of all specials and food items being served.
- Completes all opening and closing side work as assigned by the supervisor.
- Clean and reset tables, as needed
- Attend all in-service training as requested by the supervisor
- Conducts oneself in a manner which contributes to a calm, organized and efficient working environment.
- Interacts with co-workers, physicians, residents and all other customers in a manner which encourages harmonious working relationships, enhances the image and reputation of the facility and promotes positive customer relations.
- Supports the facility’s mission statement by dependability in attendance, punctuality, maintaining confidentiality, the timely completion of assignments, and attention to principles of professional ethics and quality service.
- Has a commitment to professional and personal growth through development of skills and knowledge, as well as improvement in the facility’s performance.
- Ensures the rights, dignity and confidentiality of all residents is maintained.
- All other duties as assigned by the Wait Staff Supervisor
SUPERVISION & LEADERSHIP: Immediate Supervision: Receives close supervision related to specific work activities, and assignments; usually receives frequent surveillance over job activities; instructions are detailed and assignments are typically short term.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY ACCOMPLISH THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standard situations.
COMPUTER OPERATIONS: Basic computer skills