Hospitality - Hotel, Customer Service, Facilities
For the Housekeeping Manager position, we are looking for enthusiastic candidates with an eye for detail, solid customer service skills and a focus on team work. Since you will be supervising / directing a team, excellent interpersonal and clear communication skills are expected. You should also be able to manage your time effectively and delegate tasks according to the situation at hand. This position requires a flexible schedule including weekends, some nights and holidays.
Additional requirements for the Hotel Housekeeping Manager include:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in hotel housekeeping or related professional area, with a preference to those that have worked in resort areas.
- Ability to manage / supervise a staff
- Ability to work as part of a team and complete tasks individually
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced work environment
As a Hotel Housekeeping Manager, this is a hands on, high energy position where you will direct and work with your staff to ensure property guestrooms, public spaces, and employee areas are clean and well maintained. You will complete inspections and hold people accountable for their assigned tasks, delivering corrective actions if needed.
Additional responsibilities of the Housekeeping Manager include:
- Ensuring guest rooms, public spaces and the back of the house are clean and welcoming.
- Ensuring guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner
- Obtaining a list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and a list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments
- Supervising daily shift operations and ensuring compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards, and procedures
- Ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget
- Participating in departmental meetings and continually communicating a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals in order to produce desired results
- Scheduling employees depending on business demands and tracking employee time and attendance
- Supervising staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met
- Administering property policies fairly and consistently, and completing disciplinary procedures and documentation according to Standard Operating Procedures.