Hampton Inn Brooklyn/Downtown
Hospitality - Hotel
Housekeeping Supervisor Job Requirements:
· Must be able to train and follow all LodgeWorks safety practices such as wearing personal protective equipment, reading chemical warning labels, use of cleaning agents and other safe work practices.
· Must be capable of self-supervision and have the ability to manage time accordingly in order to complete the required work.
· Must be able to use two way radios, telephones, general office equipment, industrial washer, dryer, irons, vacuum, floor buffer, wet vac and other housekeeping equipment.
· Ensure proper care of housekeeping equipment and facilities and report all maintenance as needed.
· Must be capable of walking, including stairs climbing, ladder climbing, kneeling, reaching, bending and lifting.
· Ability to stand the entire shift, long hours sometimes required.
Housekeeping Supervisor Experience/Education:
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Supervisory experience is required.
· Previous housekeeping experience required.
· Basic computer experience preferred.
· Fluent in spoken and written English is required.
· Bi-lingual expertise in Spanish is helpful.
Housekeeping Supervisor Hours of position
This full-time job requires OPEN AVAILABILITY which includes working AM/PM shifts as well as weekends and holidays. Shifts are: 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, 11pmÐ7am.
The Hampton Inn Brooklyn is part of LodgeWorks, a hotel development and management company based in Wichita, Kansas with 750+ employees nationwide. Our multi-brand strategy includes Archer, Hyatt Place, HYATT house, Aloft, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and other high quality, nationally branded products. We are industry innovators with a rich history and a strong family culture. At LodgeWorks, hospitality is more than just the industry in which we work. It defines everything we do. Hospitality is the single most important element of our organization Ð the foundation upon which everything is built.
Are you the type of person who is curious enough to open cabinets and drawers just to see what's in them? Do you ask yourself Ôwhat's behind that door'? If so, you are just the person we are looking for. The Hampton Inn Brooklyn, New York is looking for a full-time Housekeeping Supervisor to assist in housekeeper training, room inspections, support for the Executive Housekeeper, and ensuring that quality standards are being met.
Housekeeping Supervisor Key responsibilities:
As part of the Housekeeping team, the housekeeping supervisor is responsible for supporting the training function of all new hired suite attendants, and provide on-going re-training of established suite attendants. They are also responsible for the general support of the Suite Attendants by collecting linens, garbage, performing routine general cleaning projects, delivering items to guest rooms and assisting guests with their baggage. They will also provide inspection of guest suites to LodgeWorks/Hyatt quality and standards.