The Venetina I The Palazzo Resort, Hotel & Casino
Hospitality - Hotel
- 18 years of age.
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both in spoken and written form.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company appearance standards.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required licenses, such as Red Cross Life Saving Certificate and a CPR certification from Red Cross or the American Heart Association and any other certification or license, as required by law or policy.
- Minimum six (6) months prior experience as lifeguard/pool attendant.
- Candidates must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Normal vision range and absence of color blindness required.
- Requires eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity, the ability to distinguish letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well, give direction, review the work of others, and provide guidance and counsel when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Must maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with hotel guests in a congenial and polite manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with guests and other Team Members of different backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to:
- Lift or carry a minimum of 50 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks, as assigned.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in seasonal heat (100F+) or cold as well as inclement weather.
- Stand or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Perform eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
- The applicant is responsible to notify the manager of any reasons that they cannot perform any aspect of the physical requirement(s).
- Physically access all areas of the property and drive areas with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts.
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with guests, management, other team members, and outside contacts.
- Ability for prolonged periods of time to walk, stand, stretch, bend and kneel.
- Work in a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Must be able to touch and handle supplies in a safe and non-hazardous manner, maintaining proper hygiene, cleanliness, and disposal methods.
- Work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to, CRT, noise, dust, and cigarette smoke.
The primary responsibility of the Lifeguard is monitor activities of swimmers/bathers in pool and Jacuzzi to ensure a safe environment and to avoid/prevent injuries, provide emergency assistance as required. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian | The Palazzo Casino Resort’s policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor recreational areas, such as pools, beaches, or Cabana to provide assistance and protection to participants.
- Ensure safety and health of all hotel guests in the pool areas.
- Check pool hygiene and PH levels in pool areas.
- Works in an appropriate non-hazardous manner avoiding self-injury and unsafe work methods.
- Maintain pool surveillance for surrounding areas.
- Must be regularly checked by supervisor to ensure proper handling of equipment and proper lifting techniques.
- Maintain Red Cross life-saving certification.
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Company Standards of Conduct
All Venetian | Palazzo Team Members are expected to conduct and carry themselves in a professional manner at all times. Team Members are required to observe the Company’s standards, work requirements and rules of conduct. Team Members are expected to behave in a manner that supports a harmonious work environment to help us deliver unmatched service to our guests and customers.