National Healthcare Corporation
General Labor, Skilled Labor - Trades, Professional Services
- Must be able to read and understand Standard English.
- Must be able to deal tactfully and effectively with patients, families, fellow employees and visitors.
- Able to be on feet 7-8 hours a day
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend, and climb, depending on job
- Able to lift 20 to 25 pounds frequently
- Able to lift 50 to 75 pounds occasionally
- Able to move heavy (75 to 100 pound) furniture occasionally
- Able to see, hear and communicate adequately to complete job duties and responsibility
- Able to work with standard cleaning chemicals
- Other duties which may be assigned from time to time
As a recipient of federal assistance, NHC does not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the grounds of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, or on the basis of disability or age in admission to, participation in, or receipt of their services and benefits of any of its programs and activities or in employment.
NHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for the cleanliness of the patient rooms, patient areas and hallways.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Are determined by the center and may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Clean patient bathrooms including sinks, toilets, tubs and showers
- Empty garbage cans in patient rooms, patient bathrooms, activity areas and other areas throughout the center
- Clean patient rooms, including mopping and/or buffing floors, dusting furniture both on top and underneath
- Clean hallways, sweeping up debris, mopping, stripping and buffing following company and center policies and procedures
- Clean walls, furniture and equipment, as needed, to provide a clean pleasant environment for patients, staff and visitors
- Work safely, following proper procedures when using chemical agents
- Follow established cleaning schedules