4 Year Degree
Essential Job Functions
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance. Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state, and local legislation pertaining to all employment matters. Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance. Consults with legal counsel on employment matters.. Annually reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures, and practices on employment matters. Communicates changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensures that compliance is met and maintained.
- Compensation and Benefits. Conducts annual review, preparation, and administration of the organization's wage and benefits programs.
- Employee Relations. Oversees employee engagement and satisfaction initiatives in an effort to reduce turnover and increase employee satisfaction. Works with Regional HR Managers to guide organization's managers in employee relations matters. Consults with legal counsel on human resource matters, as appropriate.
- Talent Acquisition and Retention. Oversees organization's staffing and orientation / onboarding program. Utilizes information gather from exit interviews to determine reasons behind employment separations.
- Training and Career Development. Recommends, evaluates, and actively participates in staff and organizational development. Oversees RII's performance management program.
- Technology. Develops and maintains a HRIS that meets the organization's human resources information needs.
- Management. Oversees, updates, and improves the human resource department and staff. Manages all employees of the Human Resources department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of employees within the department.
- General. Participates on committees and special projects and seeks out additional responsibilities. Any additional duties as assigned.
- Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Business skills: Proficient in MS Office production; ability to type 50 wpm.
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Consultation: Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others\u0027 ideas and tries new things.
- Critical Thinking: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ethical Practice: Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Global and Cultural Awareness: Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates
- HR Expertise: Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans
- Leadership: Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Displays passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Relationship Management: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Flexible: Able to travel approximately 40 Ð 50% of the time.
Organizational ValuesQuality Team, and Cultural Competence.
As a member of management team, supports and promotes RII's organizational values, including:
Quality, Creativity, Friendly,
Job Specifications, Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree and four to six (4-6) years' Human Resource Director level experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Four to six (4-6) years' experience in a senior-level management capacity
- Four to six (4-6) years' experience in behavioral health environment and/or with a non-profit agency
- PHR, SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP certification preferred
License & Certifications
- Will be required to pass multi-state criminal Background Check.
- Must possess a valid Arizona State Driver's license
- Must meet all of the requirements of the Driver's Safety Policy.
- Works in an office environment and/or behavioral health clinic and may sometimes travel to meet the business needs.
- Works a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to monitor program activities.
Works in a standard office environment with some exposure to hazardous situations. Physical demands may include work close to the eyes and substantial motions of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers. Frequent sitting, standing, walking, handling, finger dexterity; eye-hand-foot coordination, use of corrected vision; color vision; use of auditory senses. May be required to lift up to twenty (20) pounds.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary function.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefit package: Bilingual Differentials, Shift Differentials, Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, Group Life Insurance, Employer Matching 401k Plan, Employee Perks Program, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays, a Generous PTO (paid time off) Program, to include RI supporting the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
RI is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All candidates are required to pass a pre-employment substance abuse test before beginning employment, to include the use of recreational marijuana. RI is committed to maintaining a workplace free of the effects of drugs and alcohol for the health, safety and welfare of its employees, their families and our guests.
RI is committed to diversity in the workplace and promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We value a diverse workforce because diversity strengthens our teams and supports our innovative approaches to client engagement creating a healthier atmosphere.