Franchised Maintenance Engineer
Franchised Maintenance Engineer
Marriott International, Inc.
Hospitality - Hotel
Posting Date Feb 19, 2018
Job Number 18000HLH
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location AC Hotel Portland Downtown, Portland, Oregon VIEW ON MAP
Brand AC Hotels
Schedule Full-time Relocation? No Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at https://sagehospitality.jobs/portland-or/maintenance-engineer/41869DA134F544599C75EEAC0554E93B/job/
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Sage Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
The Maintenance Engineer assists in the maintenance, repair, refurbishment, renovation, remodeling and general upkeep in order to keep the facility functional and attractive to prospective customers.
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isnt upset when things are up in the air; doesnt have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Genuinely cares about people; is concerned about their work and non-work problems; is available and ready to help; is sympathetic to the plight of others not as fortunate; demonstrates real empathy with the joys and pain of others.
- Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesnt show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Relates well to all kinds of people " up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Working knowledge of general plumbing refrigeration air conditioning electrical systems boilers bathroom fixtures and tiling painting -prep to finish basic carpentry grounds keeping.
- Ability to drive and holds a valid Class C state drivers license.
- Have vision to read written communiques, LED read-outs, meters, and computer screens.
- Have finger, hand and upper body dexterity to pull levers and rotate knobs, work with arms raised above head and to handle and assemble small parts using basic hand and power tools.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal/written instructions, communicate both verbally and in writing, utilize analytical thought processes, understand verbal/written technical and mechanical instruction, and be highly organized.
- Have ability to communicate effectively and courteously with employees, guests and contractors in writing, via telephone and in person.
- Education/Formal Training
High school diploma or equivalent trade school, special courses in building maintenance and construction.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in equal or similar position.
- Scheduled days and times may vary based on need.
- Material/Equipment Used
- Basic hand and power tools. Painting equipment, key cutting machine, grounds keeping equipment and snow removal equipment. Exposure to hazardous materials on a daily basis.
- Chemicals/Agents used: Various chemicals 2-3 times per week. Regular chemicals: solvents, adhesives, paints. Protective clothing worn 100% of day; protective gloves worn approximately. Lifts and scaffolds.
Indoor exposure to both stable and extreme variance of hot and cold temperatures. Outside exposure to all weather elements and extreme fluctuations of temperature. Prolonged standing, walking, bending, reaching, and heavy lifting.
Full Time - Regular
This company is an equal opportunity employer.