Vistana Signature Experiences, Inc
Customer Service, Hospitality - Hotel, Restaurant - Food Service
Vistana Company Overview
Vistana Signature Experiences, Inc. (Vistana) is a leading developer, owner and operator of 22 high-end vacation ownership resort properties. Founded in 1980, Vistana is the exclusive licensee of the Sheraton® and Westin® brands in vacation ownership and uses related trademarks under license from Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. Vistana offers its more than 220,000 owners Gold status in the industry-leading Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG) program and drives value for guests by delivering exceptional levels of service and programming that are unique to the brands and distinct in the market. Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Vistana is an operating business of ILG, Inc. (Nasdaq: ILG), a leading global provider of professionally delivered vacation experiences. For more information, please visit: https://www.vistana.com.
Clean, transport and store all pots and pans used in the food and beverage operations and maintain the pots and pans room in a clean and orderly manner.
-Clean and sanitize all china, glassware, silverware, flatware, pots and pans in the hotel.
-Ensure restaurant and banquet kitchens have the requisite amounts of the above to properly open their shifts and that there are sufficient Queen Mary's and racks in which to place dirty dishes, silver, pots, and pans.
-Responsible for the proper sanitation and cleanliness of all kitchens and food preparation areas, including ovens, grills, stoves, hoods, fryers, preparation slicers, steam kettles, tables and floors.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with the Company rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel's facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
* Assist culinary staff during any special request or priorities as requested by the Executive Banquet Chef or the Assistant Banquet Chef.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* Must be able to speak and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Requires good communication skills.
* Must possess basic computational ability.
* Basic knowledge of banquet set-up.
* Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
* Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
* Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift up to 50 lbs., including, but not limited to, pots and pans and trays of food or food items, on a regular and continuing basis.
* Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
* Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
* Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
* Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
* The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
* Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
* Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
Active Food Handler's card is required at time of employment.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per the Company standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Westin Desert Willow Villas - 75 Willow Ridge, Palm Desert, CA, 92260
Discover the essence of desert tranquility amid an inspiring outcropping of the Santa Rosa Mountains in southern California. This uniquely imagined resort is suffused with signature Westin style and personal services to help you relax, refresh and renew.
At Vistana, we celebrate the diversity of people, ideas and cultures. We believe our differences are what make us better - a better place to work, a better place to grow, enabling a better way to see the world.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran's status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The Company complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees and applicants.