Franchised Food & Beverage Activities Manager
Franchised Food & Beverage Activities Manager
Marriott International, Inc.
Hospitality - Hotel
Posting Date Mar 19, 2018
Job Number 18000SGS
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary Location Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Diego, San Diego, California VIEW ON MAP
Schedule Full-time Relocation? Yes
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at careers.marriottvacationsworldwide.com/en-US/job/fb-activities-manager/J3S21N608J7C13TN4M8
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Marriott Ownership Resorts Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Relocation Assistance Available
Responsible for all food and beverage and activities operations, which includes all culinary, restaurant, beverage operations and activities and fitness programs Oversees guest and employee satisfaction, maintaining standards and maximizing financial performance in areas of responsibilities. Reinforces appropriate culture to provide service to guests and strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction. Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of all applicable food and beverage laws and regulations. Develops and implements business plan for food and beverage and activities and fitness programs.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Developing and Maintaining Budgets
- Develops and manages all financial, employee engagement and guest satisfaction plans and actions for Food and Beverage and Activities departments.
- Maintains a positive cost management index for kitchen and restaurant operations and activities and fitness programs
- Utilizes budget to understand financial objectives.
Managing Food and Beverage, Recreation and Fitness Operations
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Monitors quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Manages outside vendors related to food and beverage and recreation and activities functions.
- Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensures employees have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Develops and manages group activities and events for all ages of owners and guests including children's programs (e.g., coordinates activities, purchases equipment and supplies, etc.).
- Drives and manages financial performance of the food and beverage operations, recreation department, activities, contracted vendors to ensure optimal revenue for the resort.
- Communicates theming directions, projects, and timelines to property and corporate leaders as appropriate.
- Strategizes and partners with other department heads monthly and quarterly to assist in the delivery and execution of food and beverage events and resort activities planning to enhance the Owner/Guest experience.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Sets service expectations for all guests internally and externally.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for Owner/Guest satisfaction and retention.
- Responds quickly and proactively to guest's concerns.
- Understands the brand's service culture.
- Insures that all employees, supervisors and managers understand the brand's service culture.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Oversees employee satisfaction and guest satisfaction results, and ensures corrective action is taken when needed.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Participates in the performance appraisal system process, giving feedback when needed.
- Coordinates all training activities for employees in department.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Communicates expectations and performance objectives to subordinates.
- Reviews turnover reports monthly and adjust talent acquisition strategies accordingly.
- Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Provides timely and accurate information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates.
- Ensures effective departmental communication and information systems.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
Knowledge or experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area desired.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.