Special Events Manager (Bellagio)
Special Events Manager (Bellagio)
MGM Resorts International
Hospitality - Hotel, Marketing
The Special Events Manager is to provide leadership, training and empowerment to the Coordinator(s) and on-call Representative(s). The Special Events Manager will also be responsible for overseeing events from creation to completion while supporting the Special Events Executive Director in all departmental needs.
- Manage Human Resources responsibilities for Coordinator(s) and on-call Representative(s) to include: hiring, training, performance feedback, recognition and employee satisfaction.
- Strategize with management to meet all department, property and corporate goals and financial initiatives.
- Attends and manages a variety of events to include concept development, production timelines, event production, tracks event tasks and execution to meet the high-level of standards of MGM Grand.
- Manages Special Events Coordinator(s) on all special event operations of pre-production, production and post-production as required to include production meetings, production schedules, décor, audiovisual requirements, convention set-up, staffing, safety and gaming compliance, overall set-up and strike.
- Initiates and manages direct mail marketing efforts for special events as needed and oversees the process through to completion.
- Reviews and oversees all event collateral and administration provided by the Special Events Coordinator(s) for each event as required e.g. budget/financial statements, event schedules, vendor proposals, contracts, purchase requisitions, bids, event files, correspondence, gaming collateral, gift selection, entertainment and food & beverage.
- Well-experienced in contract negotiations and carries out all event functions as per legal guidelines and gaming regulations.
- Liaise with high profile clients and multiple in-house departments such as Marketing, Casino Marketing, F&B, Hotel, Entertainment and Corporate Entities.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish department and property goals.
- Manage and train Special Events Coordinator(s) and on-call Representative(s) for assigned events and routine office operations.
- Participates in the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure MGM Grand's competitive position and in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality/gaming environment.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Serves as a liaison for the management team, all staff, vendors, guests, departments and divisions on all relevant matters and responds to inquiries, researches and resolves problems related to event transactions.
- Facilitates department communication with support departments and senior property leadership.
- Manages and positively resolves conflicts.
- Monitors and maintains employee files and other confidential records for the department.
- Engage, entertain and inspire all who visit The MGM Grand by making a focused commitment to the S.H.O.W. service basics.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 2 years of immediate Casino Special Events supervisory experience or at least 3 years of supervisory experience in event logistics or at least 7 years of combined casino, special event, or guest service industry experience or related field.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skill to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of PC computer software programs to include, Microsoft Windows and Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) or the equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality/Hotel Business Administration or related field
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.