Slots Supervisor (Luxor)
Slots Supervisor (Luxor)
MGM Resorts International
Hospitality - Hotel
It is the responsibility of the Slot Supervisor to supervise the work operations of slot floor personnel while providing excellent guest service. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Supervise all Slot Ambassadors in assigned section while participating in the development of staff work schedules as delegated by the assistant shift manager.
- Participates in and supports all MGM Resorts International M life marketing events and promotions in addition to supervising staff at the M life desk.
- Supervise the Slot Operations team to include efficient staffing, team member development and training, performance management and policy enforcement.
- Train slot staff on Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) regulations and all Title 31 requirements, practices and procedures.
- Conducts and documents individual coaching sessions; administers corrective actions to staff team members as necessary and appropriate.
- Use of Patron Management system to evaluate and issue guest discretionary comps or rewards.
- Audit and authorize all slot jackpot payments exceeding Slot Ambassador limits, prepares W2-G vouchers for jackpots $1,200 and above and also ensures accurate completion of same.
- Prepares and audits W2-G and 1042-S (foreign) tax forms associated with all slot jackpots $1,200 or above.
- Conducts daily “Team Update” meetings with slot department staff including but not limited to hotel / casino occupancy, business levels, gaming activity, NGCB, IRS (Title 31) compliance, specific guest needs and or requests etc.
- Responsible for initializing and assessing all guests' disputes; authorized to reimburse or compensate any and all guest disputes up to and including an amount pre-determined by management.
- Assists with creating job descriptions / duties of line level slot operations staff.
- Consults on and assists with promotions of line level hourly employees.
- Conducts interviews and makes hiring recommendations of line level employees.
- Observe interdepartmental activities as they affect Slot Operations and communicates concerns to the managers of other departments.
- Make recommendations for adoption of new techniques, policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Monitors and evaluates staff job performance against departmental procedures, customer service and work standards during assigned shift.
- Review and verify Slot Ambassadors' cash pouches upon incurrence of a variance in balancing monies at the conclusion of the shift.
- Issues slot system cards to staff as necessary.
- Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- Associates degree in management or related field or equivalent work/leadership experience.
- At least 1 year of experience in slot operations.
- Experience in multi-tasking of projects and project management.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Microsoft Project.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Hotel Management, or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.