PMO Program Manager
PMO Program Manager
4 Year Degree
Bachelor's degree or equivalent required; business, engineering or science disciplines preferred
- 12 years' experience as a Project Manager leading multiple IT projects or large, business-wide programs
- Experience must include global/cross-functional responsibility
- Experience with organization-wide change management
- Experience in estimating work efforts in a professional services environment
- Experience in technology management, knowledge management, business analysis, program/project management, and quality management
- Documented experience in negotiating and resolving complex issues and risks
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must have significant exposure to one or more of the technologies involved in the scope of work.
- Hands-on experience as a software developer or engineer is highly advantageous
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- PMP certification
- Strong knowledge of project governance practices
- Demonstrated leadership, management, and decision making skills
- Ability to execute highly complex or specialized projects
- Ability to identify and integrate all infrastructure components and navigate change management.
- Demonstrated ability to identify business and technical impacts of business requirements and incorporate them into program efforts
- Ability to understand the depth of a change effort on infrastructure and related, impacted systems, structures, and processes.
- In-depth knowledge of project management processes and techniques
- Understanding and experience with the Software Development and Infrastructure Life Cycle
- Ability to see systemic risks and recommend mitigation approaches and identify issues while managing effective outcomes
Language / Communication Skills:
- Leadership and executive presence
- Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to influence people and thought processes without direct authority
- Strong oral and written communication and analytical skills
- High confidence level and ability to remain calm and focused to enable teams to come to agreement on next steps
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
Type of Employment: (Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Fixed-term) Full-time
Travel %: Some may be required Ð up to 10%
Exemption Classification: (United States only Ð Exempt, Non-exempt) Exempt
Internal Relationships: Global IT team members and leaders, business executives, group-level executives
External Relationships: Software and other IT vendors
Work Environment / Requirements of the Job: Normal office environment
Budget / Revenue Responsibility: (Local Currency) Oversee programs valued at $2M or more
Direct Line Manager (Title): Director, PMO
Dotted Line Manager (Title, if applicable):
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Dotted Line Reports: 0, but manages multiple project teams
Estimated Total Size of Team:
gategroup Competencies Required to be Successful in the Job:
- Thinking Ð Information Search and analysis & problem resolution skills
- Engaging Ð Understanding others, Team Leadership and Developing People
- Inspiring Ð Influencing and building relationships, Motivating and Inspiring, Communicating effectively
- Achieving Ð Delivering business results under pressure, Championing Performance Improvement and Customer Focus
Demonstrated Values to be Successful in the Position
Employees at gategroup are expected to live our Values of Excellence, Integrity, Passion and Accountability. To demonstrate these Values, we expect to observe the following from everyone:
- We treat each other with respect and we act withintegrity
- We communicate and keep each other informed
- We put our heads together to problem solve and deliverexcellence as a team
- We have passion for our work and we pay attention to the little details
- We foster an environment of accountability, take responsibility for our actions and learn from our mistakes
- We do what we say we will do, when we say we are going to do it
- We care about our coworkers, always taking an opportunity to make someone's day better
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through Pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category under applicable law.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Discover the Difference You Can Make at gategroup!
gategroup is the leading global provider of above-the-wing services. We specialize in catering and hospitality; provisioning and logistics; and onboard solutions to companies that serve people on the move. Our customers include top airlines, railroads and hotels around the world that rely on our expertise and solutions tailored to their guests, service offerings and geographic regions.
We are passionate about helping our customers satisfy hundreds of thousands of their guests around the world every day. The combination of our commitment and expertise has made gategroup the industry leader, a reputation we strive to fulfill daily.
We are currently looking for a Program Manager to join our PMO team based in Reston, VA. Reporting to the Senior Director, Finance Administration & RC, e-GS, the Program Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of IT programs that are large or global in scope, and provides a single point of contact for the set of projects under that program. Adapts precedent and may make significant departures from traditional approaches to develop solutions. Takes program from original concept through final implementation. Defines project scope and objectives. Leads the project management efforts through Project Managers, Technical Managers and their teams. Ensures adherence to quality standards and approves project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. Provides technical and analytical oversight to project teams. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
Typical projects at this level are valued at over $2M, include multiple project teams, may be global and/or multi-year. These projects have enterprise-wide impact, are highly visible, and very complex.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and manage a portfolio of projects or a large program
- Manage and coordinate program/project budgets, forecast, actuals, resourcing, tasks, schedules, issues, risks, change management, and status to support effective decisions and project reporting to stakeholders and steering committees
- Manage and coordinate interdependencies between project teams
- Manage relationships with executive stakeholders to ensure the effective business engagement and commitment to project objectives.
- Drive effective risk and issue management, ensuring processes effectively used; ensure problems are resolved and escalate as appropriate
- Build cohesive project teams and provide the leadership necessary to maximize success
- Own project/program improvement plans and oversee execution of remediation plans
- Manage changes to project / program scope, time, resourcing and cost ensure that all impacts and changes are approved and appropriately communicated to stakeholders and steering committees
- Leads the development and execution of cross-functional infrastructure impacts
- Ensure expected benefits realization is consistent with project deliverables and clearly understood by stakeholders and project teams
- Effectively apply and monitor governance policies and practices to project activities
- Contributes to the development of functional strategy.