Basic Function - Greet and assist hotel guests arriving and departing the hotel in a professional and courteous manner.
- Greet guests at hotel curbside and offer them assistance, which can include: opening doors, carrying luggage into the hotel and/or directing them to the front desk for check-in.
- Hail taxi cabs for any guest requesting one.
- Dispatch a sufficient number of taxi cabs to the hotel and/or to other loading points.
- Provide accurate information and directions regarding the hotel and/or surrounding area.
- Monitor the hotel entrance for any suspicious activity.
- Communicate with drivers, co-workers, and supervisors and address any concerns.
- Write factual reports regarding items that deviate from normal operation.
- Identify and report any safety issues immediately to supervisor.
- Clean and maintain surrounding work area (to include glass cleaning and sweeping of trash).
- Clean break room (to include empting trash, vacuuming and wiping down of table).
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or week-ends may be required. Must be punctual when scheduled to work and have excellent attendance.
Work Experience: Prior customer service and hotel experience preferred.
License Requirement: Must have a valid state-issued driver's license with a current address and acceptable driving record.
Knowledge: Knowledge of metro area is desirable.
Language skills: Must be able to read and write English exceptionally well. Ability to communicate effectively with passengers, drivers, and co-workers on socio-economical levels. Ability to read, and comprehend simple instructions, and short correspondence.
Be able to write simple correspondence and/or reports legibly. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in group situations to guests, passengers, and drivers.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to educate others about policy/procedures not enforce policy/procedures. Ability to apply patience when communicating with others in difficult situations.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to carry out assigned tasks and duties completely and effectively. Ability to perform assigned duties with minimal supervision. Ability to demonstrate, fair and impartial judgment.
Materials and Equipment Directly Used in Role: Two way radios, various report forms, information logs, brochures, pens and pencils.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and listen. Employees are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions including snow storms, and extreme heat.
Employees work in and around potentially dangerous traffic situations, and employees are to be safety conscious at all times. Employees are frequently required to reach and or sign (communicate) with hands and arms. Employees on occasion must lift/move up to 50 lbs. Employees are regularly exposed to high levels of noise and/or fumes from vehicles.
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.