The Leasing Consultant's primary job is to rent apartments, whether it's to a new prospect or a current resident. The Leasing Consultant will also be responsible to assist the Property Manager and Assistant Manager as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all tasks related to renting apartment homes including generating traffic, responding to telephone and internet inquiries, greeting prospective residents, touring prospective residents throughout the property, qualifying prospects and closing the sale by obtaining a rental application and a deposit.
- Visually inspect entire property (office, models, compactor, vacant, and amenity areas) daily for cleanliness. Inspect and touch up model units.
- Process rental applications, obtain required documents, schedule move-ins and prepare all lease file documents.
- Maintain lease files per policy and procedure.
- Accurately record traffic from all sources in Yardi daily.
- Convert minimum of 30% total traffic to leases.
- Follow up with prospective residents including a phone call within 24 hours and a minimum of two additional follow up contacts.
- Assist with planning and implementation of community marketing plan to generate traffic.
- Outreach marketing visits on a weekly basis. Maintain leads and contacts.
- Pick trash up off ground, operate trash compactor when necessary and if called for, carry cleaning supplies and/or vacuum up or down stairs to apartment homes, and clean apartment to bring it up to resident ready standards.
- Walk vacant units to ensure unit is available for showing.
- Maintain and relocate mini model as needed.
General Office/Administrative Responsibilities:
- Document all occurrences which need the manager's attention and immediately contact the Regional Manager regarding any emergencies.
- Record resident service requests accurately and in detail to assist the maintenance team in the timely completion of all requests.
- Schedule and inspect apartments for turnkey service.
- Receive and acknowledge resident notices and prepare files.
- Assist in lease renewal procedure by:
- Complete lease renewal printout and submit to manager for approval.
- Contact each resident by phone prior to 75 days before the end of his or her initial term.
- Send renewal letters to those residents you are unable to reach by phone.
- Type new leases and all applicable addendums.
- Assemble move-in packages and walk the vacant unit within 48 of move-in.
- Keep market survey of competitor rates up to date at least monthly and visit competitors three times annually.
- Keep all filing current.
- Schedule guest apartment and clubhouse rentals.
- Deliver thorough move-in presentation to new residents.
- Calculate daily rent, prorata charges, late fees, and percentages (multiplication, division, addition and subtraction skills necessary).
- Complete all Radco University training in time frame specified.
- Follow up on all completed service requests/work orders.
- Operate office alarm system in conjunction with opening and closing the office.
- Open and close office during normal business hours.
CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate clearly to residents, both verbally and in writing, using proper grammar and spelling.
- Carry and deliver boxes, flowers, newsletters, correspondence, etc. to residents' apartments.
- Personal appearance must be clean and neat at all times, according to RR policy.
- Demonstrates customer service skills by treating residents, coworkers, supervisors, and vendors with respect, answering questions in a calm and open manner from coworkers and residents. Responds sensitively to concerns/complaints and exhibits a sense of urgency.
- Assists the Property Manager and Assistant Manager with other tasks as required.
- Comply with Radco Residential policies.
- Embraces and executes the vision, mission, and beliefs of the Company.
- Is punctual and present at work when scheduled.
- Flexible with the work schedule, including availability to work weekends, evenings, and/or holidays.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills providing for effective communication with residents, prospects, employees, peers, vendors, owners, etc.
- Computer software experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, YARDI®, and RealPage.
- Basic understanding of Federal, State and local Fair Housing laws.
- High school degree required, college degree preferred.
LICENSE(S) OR CERTIFICATION(S) PREFERRED:
- Valid driver's license and current automobile insurance is required.
- CAM®, ARM® designation preferred. May be required to become certified within six months of employment.
- Ability to earn future designations as required by Industry standards.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Sedentary work typically in an office or outdoor environment.
- Lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds is occasionally required.
- Stooping, crouching, reaching, and standing are occasionally required.
- Walking, talking, hearing, and seeing with close visual acuity are frequently required.
- Keying data is repetitive motion and is frequently required.
- The position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- Walking and driving a golf cart on the property may be required.
- Driving to client and/or corporate locations is sometimes required.