Franchised Chief Engineer
Franchised Chief Engineer
Marriott International, Inc.
Hospitality - Hotel
Posting Date Jan 25, 2018
Job Number 180009AG
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica, Santa Monica, California VIEW ON MAP
Brand Le Meridien
Schedule Full-time Relocation? No
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=VICEROYHOTELGROUP&cws=1&rid=2517
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Viceroy Hotel Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Maintain the entire hotel facility, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, Fire life Safety, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. Ensure the upkeep of guest areas to maintain an attractive hotel.
- Conduct regular walk through and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment
- Verify completion and of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, ballrooms, outlets, back of the house spaces, guest rooms, and grounds.
- Verify completion of all repairs, replacements, and renovation projects within the Hotel.
- Adhere to all corporate required purchasing policies and controls, including but not limited to all outside contractor bids , budgets, and schedules.
- Follow prescribed safety procedures for personnel and equipment by the company and OSHA.
- Lead in the hiring, training, supervising, and disciplining department staff and all other staff under direction of the Engineering department.
- Maintain effective Energy Management and Preventive Maintenance programs and conduct special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel.
- Inform the General Manager and Hotel department heads on a regular basis regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure(s), related systems, and equipment offering prudent, cost effective proposals for maintaining these systems. Access and input information into a computer and generate reports.
- Strategically plan and lead the engineering department in delivering high quality service interactions and tasks that will lead to high guest satisfaction scores.
- Must fluent in English
- Must be able to effectively manage a monthly checkbook budget and put together proposals for needed capital expenditures.
- Education: High school or equivalent education required. Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Experience: Three - Five years experience in related field.
- Licenses or Certificates: Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
- Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Viceroy Hotel Group standards
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.