Director of Spa and Salon (Park MGM)
Director of Spa and Salon (Park MGM)
MGM Resorts International
The Director of Spa & Salon provides overall strategic direction and day-to-day oversight of the Spa, Fitness Center & Beauty Salon team including strategic planning, leadership, financial performance and development of staff. All duties are performed in accordance with Corporate Standards, Department and Property policies, practices and procedures.
- Direct Managers and Spa/Salon staff to ensure they adhere and enforce company and Spa/Salon policies and procedures as well as being alert to their duties and responsibilities.
- Manage operational functions consistent with the strategic plan and vision for the department, division, and property.
- Manage the business in the most efficient way, maximizing revenue in order to surpass budgeted objectives and contribute to short term and long term profitability for the property.
- Responsible for managing the monthly activity of all inventories, including balancing of the warehouse supplies and purchases.
- Oversee all department functions including short and long term planning, as well as day-to-day operations.
- Direct and manage guest service standards which are consistent with the property's standards and brand attributes.
- Provide input into and execute strategic plan consistent with the annual business/marketing plan.
- Provide input and direction in the development of the department's fiscal budget.
- Monitor, document, and notify the VP of Hotel Ops of any challenges that may impact or jeopardize the achievement of current future departmental objectives.
- Effectively work with Hotel Marketing, Public Relations, and Advertising to position and garner maximum Spa/Salon revenue.
- Review month to month financials and reports to determine gain or loss in profit margin and determine how to correct or justify.
- Stay current and knowledgeable of the latest industry equipment, technology, and best practices.
- Monitor departmental expenditures, prepare justification for budget variations, and projected increases for new projects.
- Evaluate staffing levels in accordance with business demand, providing recommendations for adjustments whenever possible and monitors compliance of full time equivalents (FTEs) per department policy.
- Identify and report defects throughout the Hotel; notify supervisors immediately of hazards, injuries, equipment or processes that negatively affect the operations.
- Participate in the property's sustainability initiative through energy conservation and the use of recycling programs and materials.
- Ensure Hotel property and equipment is properly used and maintained; maintain records of needed repairs.
- Protect and utilize Hotel assets in a responsible and professional manner.
- Proactively seek to provide refined luxury service to comply with Forbes standards (when applicable), MGM S.H. O.W Standards in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction.
- Evaluate and correct or modify systems and structures that create problems or impede commitment to excellence in service.
- Respond to guest service interactions in a professional and timely manner, achieving positive resolutions.
- Proactively greet, interact, and assist resort staff in a professional manner to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment.
- Create a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction.
- Coordinate and conduct performance appraisals of the Spa/Salon Management in accordance with property and company guidelines and procedures.
- Conduct timely staff meetings to review employee concerns, needs, or new initiatives.
- Ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the Company's diversity commitment.
- Adhere to the Company's status quo third party representation philosophy.
- Instruct new hires and employees on expectations and responsibilities for each role.
- Creates a succession plan for departmental leadership by meeting frequently to review career objectives, leadership strengths, identifying personal constraints for improvement.
- Responsible for overall department team member development including hiring, firing, coaching, offering recommendations, promoting and/or accountable for any changes to an employee's status.
- Fosters a management team that possesses and delivers on key strategies of guest service, employee relations, team cooperation, financial responsibility and asset management.
- Educates management on departmental goals ensuring the buy in and support of all team members as they directly affect the success of the department.
- Ensures all accounting, payroll and employee relations matters are handled in compliance with Company policy.
- Establishes and maintains a culture of integrity, teamwork, and respect to ensure the long-term continued growth and profitability of the department.
- Perform all other related job duties as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Guest Service/Customer Service.
- At least four (4) years of supervisory/managerial experience.
- At least three (3) years of Spa/Salon experience.
- Previous experience managing a workforce of at least 50 employees.
- Working knowledge of general health and sanitation codes.
- Working knowledge of general HR policies and procedures including but not limited to LOA and FMLA.
- Strong strategic planning, project management skills and superior decision-making while managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Previous experience with Forbes Hospitality standards and training knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Zenoti, Kronos, Workday, Opera, Hotsos, COUPA.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.