Asian Guest Service Agent - Full-Time
Asian Guest Service Agent - Full-Time
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
A Guest Service Agent - Bilingual Japanese is responsible for greeting and registering guests, providing prompt and courteous service. Assist in Japanese translation between hotel staff/doctors/paramedics and Japanese guests. Assist with guest reservations with on property and off property activities.
What will I be doing?
A Guest Service Agent - Bilingual Japanese is responsible for greeting and registering guests, providing prompt and courteous service. Assist in Japanese translation between hotel staff/doctors/paramedics and Japanese guests. Assist with guest reservations with on property and off property activities. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome and smile. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests and respond appropriately. Provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Provide check in service, input guest information such as address and telephone number in computer system and make room keys. Swipe credit card or input credit card information for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Make electronic keys. Accept and record vouchers. Provide clear briefing with accurate information on hotel services and facilities.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English or Japanese language.
- Log down message on any assistance provided to guests on hotel services and off property reservations.
- Field guest complaints, conduct thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgement and discretion.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency, medical and/or heavy hotel activity, and resolve complications.
- Prepare for future FIT and group arrivals by verifying confirmed view types, bedding, adjoining, connecting or other requirements. Set up applicable coupons for each booking.
What are we looking for?
- Must have 1 year of customer service experience
- Front desk, hospitality or related experience preferred, but not required
- Must be fluent in English and Japanese (both written and verbal)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available)
- No relocation or visa sponsorship available; only applicants residing in Hawaii will be considered
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff, as well as to assign and instruct Guest Service Agents in details of work.
- Basic mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to read, write listen and effectively speak and write English and Japanese, Korean or Chinese clearly.
- High ability to analyze and act on group files.
- Ability to access and accurately input information at a speed of 35 words per minute using a moderately complex computer system as well as process data and generate reports.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!