Sr Manager, PMO, Hotel Operation
Sr Manager, PMO, Hotel Operation
Marriott International, Inc.
Hospitality - Hotel
Posting Date Mar 6, 2018
Job Number 17002S9X
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations Location CALA Regional Office, Plantation, Florida VIEW ON MAP
Schedule Full-time Relocation? Yes
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Senior Manager, Planning & Transformation, Operations role is designed to identify and strategically support project leadership to drive great organizational effectiveness and desired results for programs and initiatives within Continent Lodging Services. The Senior Manager is responsible for engaging and working across the CLS organization to produce results on assigned projects. This position proactively engages in project and work streams, helps identify creative and innovative ways to improve effectiveness, facilitates the development of project plans, manages CLS project teams, helps identify and resolve issues and risks, and provides timely updates to Senior Managers / Director. The role facilitates project meetings, project reviews, and manages project funds.
The Senior Manager will provide leadership support in three areas:
Project Leader: Effectively lead CALA independent projects and deliver project results.
Project Services: Provide support with development and execution of project services Project Analytics, Templates, Presentations, and Stakeholder Management.
Creative Thought Leadership: Provide support to the CLS team around "Design Thinking" and innovation to maximize creative operational process's and results.
The Senior Manager will also contribute to continually improving and evolving the support services provided by the Planning and Transformation team through enhancements to processes, tools and templates.
- Direct and manage one or multiple projects through project management lifecycle
§ Be proactively and intimately involved in the project to understand stakeholder's
vision and scope
and facilitate effective project meetings
and execute detailed project plans
§ Execute project governance, manage issue escalation, prioritization, etc.
§ Work with project leads to ensure accuracy of deliverables, executable implementation strategy, and market sustainability
§ Direct cross-functional teams through project execution
§ Serve as the primary point of contact for assigned projects and initiatives
§ Support change management planning and communications in partnership with change
and influence project direction
Act as the project lead, ensure teams understand and execute their responsibilities
effectively and efficiently
alignment among stakeholders
Provide transparency for leadership to successfully manage problems and make informed
results to business leaders
Utilize basic analytics to help support project business cases
Design and utilize standardized project management processes and methods
Manage vendor relationships with regard to project deliverable needs, contractual obligations, and general scope of work
tracking tools and benchmarking metrics
Monitor success of initiatives/projects and existing programs/products/services
Analyze and monitor high-profile Continent Operations initiatives to help with
reporting and resource prioritization
Support the development and refinement of internal processes, templates and stakeholder
Creative Thought Leadership
- Bring creative thought leadership to CLS projects
helping drive creativity and innovation
- Inject "Design Thinking" into all CLS injects
- Help facilitate collaboration amongst stakeholders, sponsors and other impacted parties to define strategy and scope
CANDIDATE PROFILE - KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
- 5+ years of relevant experience; at least 2 years of project management and implementation experience
- Hotel or Market Operations experience or knowledge of operations across multiple departments
- Expertise and proven track record in managing
- Experience in providing direction and performing responsibilities via influence (as opposed to line management authority)
- Proven success in introducing major change to
- Exceptional project/program management competence
- Ability to distribute, assign and ensure completion of work throughout various teams without direct management authority
- Ability to persuade and influence others, including those at senior organizational levels
- Ability to quickly gain a clear and comprehensive understanding of Global Operations and Brand Management strategies, priorities and initiatives and represent them to various
constituencies across the organization
- Ability to develop and enforce program
- Strong analytical skills for planning, estimating, budgeting and monitoring program/project work
- Ability to enlist and motivate individuals and
secure resources without direct authority
- Ability to form and foster high performing teams
- Strong written and verbal communication and
- Ability to consistently negotiate a "win-win"
- Expertise using MS Excel, PowerPoint and Project; Expertise using Land-It highly desired
Experience within Lodging or Hospitality
Perform other duties as assigned
- Travel required (up to 10-20%)
and Professional Certification
- Minimum BA degree; MBA or relevant graduate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable skills and knowledge can be acquired
Major consulting firm experience preferred
PMP Certification preferred