Sanitation/Safety Manager (ARIA)
Sanitation/Safety Manager (ARIA)
MGM Resorts International
- Maintain Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD) food regulations and property food safety sanitation standards and policies.
- Manage, organize and conduct all food safety training courses, working closely with Division Training Manager.
- Conduct internal inspections of all pantries, bars, lounges, kitchens and warehouse facilities.
- Practice and observe safety rules and regulations and encourage others to do the same.
- Prepare contingency plans for equipment which cannot be repaired immediately.
- Assure compliance with all government regulations for all permitted facilities.
- Maintain professional working relationship with Stewarding, Engineering, PAD, Housekeeping, Warehouse Operations, Risk Management, Purchasing, Human Resources, Horticulture, and Food and Beverage.
- Maintain outside Relationships with SNHD/FDA/USDA Ð Corporate Risk Safety and Health.
- Able to communicate with personnel at all levels and have the ability to address environmental health issues within different departments.
- Be involved with all environmental health issues throughout the hotel.
- Maintain close communication with F&B Managers.
- Make routine inspections of all equipment and kitchen areas to ensure that cleanliness and sanitation procedures are maintained and to ensure that all equipment is in proper working condition.
- React to any complaints and take appropriate action.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Meet with the Executive Chef and review Kitchen issues on a regular basis.
- Ensure that all items are stored in accordance with State/Local Health and Fire Departments regulations and according to Hotel requirements.
- Develop checklists for employees to follow when completing scheduled cleaning tasks.
- Establish and monitor compliance with recycling/conservation specifications.
- Assign work duties to staff in accordance with departmental procedures
- Monitor and ensure that all temperature and chemical solution requirements are met with regard to dishwashing, pot washing and storage.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Commit to receiving all certifications to ensure currency.
- Performs all other duties as requested.
- Environmental Health Degree or equivalent experience with copy of transcripts/diploma and/or verifiable experience.
- At least 2 years of experience with regulatory agency or in environmental health field.
- At least 4 years of experience teaching health and safety standards.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Certifications in ServSafe, Food Manager, Food Safety Professional, and HACCP.
- Familiarity with FDA, USDA, CDC guidelines or Front of the House and Back of House Food Operations, Housekeeping, and Hotel Operations within a major hotel/casino.
- REHS/RS certification.
- Previous experience managing employees using a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.