Front Desk Agent (OC) - Westin Nanea
Front Desk Agent (OC) - Westin Nanea
Hospitality - Hotel
Vistana Company Overview
Vistana Signature Experiences, Inc. (Vistana) is a leading developer, owner and operator of 22 high-end vacation ownership resort properties. Founded in 1980, Vistana is the exclusive licensee of the Sheraton® and Westin® brands in vacation ownership and uses related trademarks under license from Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. Vistana offers its more than 220,000 owners Gold status in the industry-leading Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG) program and drives value for guests by delivering exceptional levels of service and programming that are unique to the brands and distinct in the market. Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Vistana is an operating business of ILG, Inc. (Nasdaq: ILG), a leading global provider of professionally delivered vacation experiences. For more information, please visit: https://www.vistana.com.
Situated on Maui's majestic North KaÔanapali Beach, The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas will offer 390 luxurious villas and a variety of world-class resort amenities. The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas will be a relaxing haven with culturally inspired programs and authentic Hawaiian experiences, complete with signature Westin® touches.
Greet and welcome guests upon arrival. Attend to guests' needs, including, but not limited to, registration, checkout and cashiering. Assist guests by providing information about the local area and attractions.
45% Greet and welcome guests upon arrival. Register guests into the computer, verifying reservation, address, and credit information. Promote the Vistana Preferred Guest Program and provide recognition and benefits to all present members.
35% Accept payment for guests' accounts both at the time of registration and at checkout. Maintain a house bank and make a deposit and accurate report of receipts daily. Cash travelers checks and exchange currency for guests.
10% Issue key to and control entrance of safety deposit boxes. Post miscellaneous charges.
10% Handle guest complaints/requests.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Westin rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel's facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Assist in handling mail and facsimiles and providing guest with information regarding hotel facilities and local attractions.
• Answer incoming calls to the hotel and hotel guests.
• Book reservations for those guests who approach the Front Desk.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• General knowledge of the city where hotel is located and its attractions.
• Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced ability for up to 4 hours in length.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other associates.
• Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
• Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
High school or equivalent education required.
Minimum of one to two years in a public contact position. Previous hospitality or guest service experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Vistana standards.
• This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
• A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
• This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
• This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
At Vistana, we celebrate the diversity of people, ideas and cultures. We believe our differences are what make us better Ð a better place to work, a better place to grow, enabling a better way to see the world.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran's status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The Company complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees and applicants.