Carnival Cruise Lines
Company: Carnival Corporation & plc
Area of Interest: Finance
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Having spent the formative years of your early career at the pinnacle of Public Accounting, you understandably have high expectations for your next move. If you were to speak to Big 4 Alums working at Carnival, and we highly encourage you to do so, you might be pleasantly surprised to learn that they have: More work-life balance, can keep the flexibility they are used to, while not compromising on career development and growth opportunities. In addition, they might mention Carnival's on-site Gym, Day Care, Lunch Cafeteria, Starbucks (with Cuban Coffee!), Dry Cleaner and Gas Service. Or they'd hone in on how much they enjoy the team-work, support systems we have in place, or that they have more fun working here.
With 2-3 years financial reporting under your belt at a Big 4 this may be the perfect time for you to transition into private accounting at a publicly traded $16.4B Fortune 200 headquartered right here in South Florida.
Wow! Does this sound like you?! If so we should talk right now! We need you and your talents!
- Preparation of the external financial statements on a quarterly basis
- Preparation and compilation of disclosure support for the financial statements
- Preparation of memos and work papers supporting the issuance of the financial statements and audit
- Analysis of new accounting standards and their impact on the Company
- Preparation of various schedules and timelines to assist and ensure the timely delivery of the external
- financial statements
- Balance sheet and income statement variance analysis
- Preparation of the quarterly press releases
- Preparation of various roll forward schedules and the corresponding support schedules
- Special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant or similar certification. Preferred but not required.
- Professional with 2- 4 years of total experience at a public accounting firm or similar experience
- Previous experience with Oracle Financial Systems, Hyperion Essbase and Blackline a plus, but not necessary
- Dedicated to the timely delivery of a superior product
- Strong process skills and proven ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Uncompromising work ethic
- Possess intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Creative thinker and solutions-oriented
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills. Able to analyze, evaluate and move quickly to support rapid decision making
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Collaborative communications style
- Tenacious in meeting deadlines, well organized, adept at managing peak workloads
- Uncompromising personal integrity, as well as a high level of respect for all individuals
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn and Fathom in North America; P&O Cruises, and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia. These brands, which comprise the most recognized cruise brands in North America, the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy, offer a wide range of holiday and vacation products to a customer base that is broadly varied in terms of cultures, languages and leisure-time preferences. We also own a tour company that complements our cruise operations: Holland America Princess Alaska Tours in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon. Combined, our vacation companies attract ten million guests annually.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis o sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, martial status, mental, physical or sensory disability or any other classification protected by local, state, federal and/or international law.