2017-160 Human Resources Director
2017-160 Human Resources Director
Come join our team!
From full-service resorts and stylish hotels to condominium resorts and comfortable budget properties in Hawaii and the continental United States, Honolulu-based Aqua-Aston Hospitality manages about 50 properties across five distinct brands designed to suit any lifestyle, taste or budget Ð Aston Hotels & Resorts, Instinct Hotel Collection, Aqua Hotels & Resorts, Lite Hotels and Maui Condo and Home. For more information visit Aqua-Aston.com or call the 24-hour call center at (855) 945-4092. Aqua-Aston Hospitality is an operating business of ILG, Inc. (Nasdaq: ILG), a leading global provider of professionally delivered vacation experiences.
The Human Resources Director ensures the efficient administration and management of the Human Resources function at the property level to include but not limited to staffing/recruitment, benefit administration, performance management, leave management/administration, employee recognition, training/training coordination, safety, community relations, compliance with statutory requirements and the execution of employee relation activities. Provides department managers with the personnel, guidance, and support necessary to achieve their guest service and business objectives. Serves as a member of the property executive committee.
- Responsible for the overall management and administration of the Human Resources function at the property level to include but not limited to staffing/recruitment, benefit administration, performance management, leave management/administration, employee recognition, training/training coordination, safety, community relations, compliance with statutory requirements and the execution of employee relation activities. Ensure compliance with employment laws, government agencies, and company policies and procedures
- Serves as Executive Committee member for the property. Works with the leadership team to continually improve operations by evaluating guest services and understanding what's trending in the market. Serves as key change manager for initiatives that have high employee impact. Develops and implements services, policies, programs and events to foster a positive work environment for all employees.
- Coordinates, supports and administers all other corporate, brand and hotel initiatives such as Brand Standards, Clarabridge, Employee Opinion Survey, Policy/Program rollouts, HR Reporting, etc.
- Controls the check book accounting for the Human Resources Department by monitoring expenditures and ensuring that the department stays within budget on a month to month basis.
- Responsible for the recruitment/staffing of all job vacancies for the hotel. Analyzes open positions to balance the development of existing talent and business needs. Manages the requisition process from posting positions, sourcing applicants, coordinating job advertisements, attending career/job fairs, conducting pre-screening and/or final interviews, applicant correspondence, finalizing job offers, conducting reference and background checks, new hire processing and orientation.
- Provides assistance, guidance and human resources support to the senior and mid-level Management staff and line team members. Listens to and interprets concerns and potential liabilities, and seeks solutions. Counsels managers on HR issues. Resolves associate concerns. Ensure managers are using coaching, counseling and discipline to address issues/concerns. Ensure fair and consistent treatment of employees through regular monitoring of the associate climate.
- Researches and investigates all workplace issues in a fair and non-judgmental manner to discover facts, identify potential liability to the Company, and facilitate resolution. Collaborates with Corporate Director of Human Resources for direction, guidance and determination of action.
- Communicates, educates and facilitates the administration of all company sponsored employee benefits
- Orient associates and maintains records for use in employee benefits administration. Ensures all eligible associates are familiar with their benefit package. Enrolls associates in the applicable benefit plans, audits files and enrollment to ensure coverage is correct.
- Coordinates open enrollment event and ensures all eligible teammates are properly enrolled.
- Manages all leaves of absences. Reviews and approves all HFL/FMLA requests, processes and monitors all TDI claims.
- Collaborates with Security and Department Managers to ensure timely and accurate incident/accident reporting. Responsible for ensuring proper use of forms, medical services and reporting standards to insurance company.
- Serves as a key member of the employee safety committee. Assists in spearheading safety programs, welfare, wellness and health initiatives. Works with departmental management to ensure that Safety awareness is reviewed in departmental meetings, stand up meetings, and in the consciousness of each hotel associate.
- Ensures managers accurately document all associate issues on a timely basis following counseling and disciplinary procedures.
- Monitors the annual performance appraisal process. Reads and analyzes evaluations and goals to ensure appraisal comments are appropriate and goals are measurable and achievable.
- Recommends and implements appropriate training and development training programs for staff members.
Develops and/or participates in Staff Training initiatives. Coordinates external training and application process for Employment Training Fund (ETF). Develops, coordinates, maintains and conducts new hire orientation for all new team members.
- Maintains and coordinates employee reward and recognition programs along with celebration events. Participates and leads the planning and execution of all associate and community events at the property.
- Develops and executes associate communications within the hotel, via bulletin boards, department communication boards, posters and flyers. Ensures the open door policy is managed effectively.
- Appraises and processes all personnel action forms and employment requisitions. Ensures all personnel actions are compliant with all employment-related laws and regulations and policies and procedures. Manages the function of the data management system to include, but not limited to, the timely and accurate entry of team member data, recording employment transactions (i.e. hire, separation, transfers, pay changes, etc.) to ensure accurate, up-to-date information is available for payroll and management. Generates reports (i.e. payroll analysis, labor turnover, etc.)
- Assists with payroll management by submitting and auditing all rates of pay, benefit deductions, direct deposit, and tax withholdings necessary to accurately process payroll. Serves as property Time & Attendance administrator. Troubleshoots any time clock issues.
- Processes all employment verification request, job statements and unemployment reports.
- Ensures all filing systems within the HR Department are in compliance with internal policies and statutory requirements pertaining to records retention.
- Respond to written and oral inquiries regarding workers compensation and unemployment compensation claims. Represent the hotel at various hearings to provide a safe, fair work environment, reduce cost and limit liability
- Provides general office assistance. Answers all incoming phone calls, assists with walk-ins and general applicant/employee inquiries. Prepares memos, faxes, facilitates incoming/outgoing mail and correspondence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works in a demanding human resources/client services environment requiring a high degree of professionalism, uncompromising integrity and commitment to company values, human resources principles, and business conduct policies, demonstrating consistency between words and actions. Must be able to responsibly work with highly confidential and sensitive information. Leads by example.
- Fosters relationships and a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives; demonstrates flexibility, adaptability and team orientation in approach and vision
- Ability to address difficult issues and ability to guide others toward the accomplishment of identified, meaningful goals. Ability to deal with internal & external customers of diverse backgrounds with patience, tact & diplomacy to defuse anger and resolve conflict.
- Uses thoughtful judgment to remove barriers, resolves potential challenges, and takes necessary steps to constructively hold associates accountable
- Strong planning and project management skills and ability to apply these skills in effective working partnerships across organizational lines. Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ensures internal and external client services are responsive/timely, accurate, and of the highest quality.
- Seeks ways to continuously improve on self and organization.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Aqua Hotels & Resorts from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees maybe required to work varying schedules to reflect business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Aqua Hotels & Resorts rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Professionalism and Style Expectations:
These are expected of every associate within Kai Management Services, LLC.
- Projects and assignments are completed thoroughly, professionally, and with care.
- Adjusts to high-pressure conditions and is open to change.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Conducts him\herself (acts and dresses) professionally at all times; sets standards for all associates.
- Understands and communicates the Kai Management Services LLC. Mission.
- Expresses ideas and conveys information clearly, effectively, and professionally.
- Actively listens to others.
- Conveys company information, decision, or problems to appropriate parties on a timely basis.
- Works to resolve disagreements and is respectful of peers and co-workers.
Benefits and Compensation
We are committed to offering competitive pay and benefits to our employees.� We conduct regular compensation reviews to ensure that our employees continue to earn a fair and equitable compensation package relative to that of other industry competitors.