Franchised Sales Manager
Franchised Sales Manager
Marriott International, Inc.
Hospitality - Hotel
Posting Date Feb 5, 2018
Job Number 18000CUW
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Central Park, New York, New York VIEW ON MAP Brand Fairfield Inn & Suites Schedule Full-time Relocation? No
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply via email at : [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, M and R Hotel Management. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Sales Manager, reports to the Director of Sales who is responsible for the Sales functions of the hotel including, but not limited to soliciting of accounts, developing and growing client relationships/business, consistently up-selling the hotel's rooms to meet or exceed set sales & hotel goals, prospect and develop new accounts, follows up promptly on leads generated by the lead sources, Global Sales office/s and responds to sales inquiries, initiates new sales, prospects and qualifies leads and solicits potential clients, entertains clients, conducts site visits and answers questions, determines rates, prepares proposals, negotiates contracts, services accounts and analyzes lost business for the hotels
- Strong solicitation and prospecting effort. Develop new corporate accounts Local & National accounts
- Prospect Hotelligence report to prospect new accounts
- Execute RFP process with Marriott Global Sales
- Build & grow relationships with Marriott Global Sales
- Conduct site inspections, client visits, actively entertain, as well as plan and execute travel schedules to key markets and trade shows.
- Must utilize a hands-on approach to be actively involved in maintaining current accounts; as well as securing, qualifying, and following up on leads to book new clients.
- Candidate must have good computer skills, communication skills, and excellent hospitality/customer service experience.
- This position demands a flexible schedule and is client/event driven; this individual must be available days/nights/holidays/weekends based on the needs of the client and the Hotel
- Solicit new business to ensure all revenue goals are achieved or exceeded within LNR/KNR segment. Identify business opportunities, and proactively research, analyze, and tele-market prospective clients
- Develop/maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers.
- Sell, coordinate and execute agreements to accounts. Effectively communicate to all hotel departments the information necessary to successfully execute the clients needs while maintaining a good relationship.
- Assist hotel management with developing and implementing hotel specific selling strategies.
- Hands-on professionalism and a willingness to personally demonstrate a successful method of selling beyond goals and expectations.
- Responsible for internet prospecting. Dedicates time each day to researching to solicit possible future business.
- Solicits new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals. This involves making cold calls, direct sales calls, sales blitzes, and hotel tours. In addition, maintaining good working relationships with existing clients while exploring ways to increase revenue.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies customer service and creates a positive example for guest relations; Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels. Reviews sales guest satisfaction results to identify areas of improvement and ensure that a customer recognition program is in effect throughout Sales.
- Maintain a weekly sales quota of outside calls, all telemarketing calls and site inspections as assigned by the Director of Sales
- Works with Director of Sales & Marketing on RFP process
- Travel to other M&R hotel locations for training and sales blitzes, when needed
- Develop & implement SMART plans quarterly
- Has a good understanding of the NYC market.
- Preparing contracts, reports, and other paperwork related to the sales department.
- Maintains well documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system in order to serve clients and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner. Develops strong customer relationships through frequent communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction. Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system, including trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
- Promptly follows up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
Must have 3-5 years selling experience in Business Travel Sales
Experience with Marriott systems preferred
- Experience with Hotel Sales Pro preferred
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong customer service orientation and skills
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, and exhibit a can do attitude.
- Creative problem-solving skills
This company is an equal opportunity employer.