Hospitality - Hotel
Apex Systems, the 2nd largest IT staffing firm in the U.S, is currently looking for a Host Developer for one of our fortune 500 clients in San Antonio, TX. **If you are interested in this role, send your most up-to-date resume to Alex at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]!**
Role overview/Day to Day:
- Perform host development activities on several host platforms
- Provide development knowledge in the java space with the willingness to learn java technology
- Assist with troubleshooting of COBOL
- IBM mainframe and DatastageAbility to follow ITIL, Six Sigma or CMM “best practices”
- The ability to quickly and efficiently analyze and resolve a combination of voice, data, and network problems in a development environment.
- Proven problem-solving abilities.
Top 3-4 MUST haves:
- COBOL dev experience
- IMS database experience (can substitute DB2 knowledge for this)
- Strong SQL skills
- ETL experience
- BM mainframe and Datastage
- host technologies
Nice to haves:
- unix / linux experience
- financial or insurance industry experience
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.