Telephone Operator - Part-Time
Telephone Operator - Part-Time
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
A Telephone Operator is responsible for answering the hotel telephone and directs call to appropriate extension or room. Clearly communicates with guests regarding hotel information and emergencies. Contacts hotel executives or city services in cases of emergency.
What will I be doing?
A Telephone Operator is responsible for answering the hotel telephone and directs call to appropriate extension or room. Clearly communicates with guests regarding hotel information and emergencies. Contacts hotel executives or city services in cases of emergency. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards
- Answers calls originating from external and internal sources. Directs caller to appropriate extension or room. Verifies last name of guest for all room calls. Assists guests with directions or other required information. Directs hotel staff to assist guests, upon request. Communicates to callers in a clear and concise manner. Inputs/writes messages using proper grammar and spelling. Verifies names and telephone numbers.
- Properly handles all incoming urgent matters or emergencies for the guests and hotel. Works with hotel management and/or security in order to calmly direct appropriate action. Appropriately documents all emergencies.
What are we looking for?
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Two years of combined prior PBX experience preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Additional language ability preferred.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!