Hospitality - Hotel, Restaurant - Food Service
AC Hotels Charlotte City Center210 E. Trade Street Suite 500
Charlotte, NC 28202
About McKibbon Hospitality
From each thoughtful business partnership to the personal details of a guest's experience, hospitality begins with us.
Across 8 decades of service, we've developed, owned and managed nearly 100 hotels, partnering with the largest proprietors in the industry. We measure success by the quality of our work and the personal connections our people make along the way. Innovation is in our DNA, and we're fueled by a guest-focused commitment to service. We guide every facet of hospitality development and management, from site selection, financing and construction to hotel renovations, openings and operations.
Our legacy is built on a foundation of integrity, anchored in how we value our guests, treat our associates and partners, and give back to our communities. Every McKibbon associate receives on-the-job service, training, and development for career advancement. More often than not, that career advancement happens right here at McKibbon, where more than half of our leadership team members have been promoted from within. As we expand with new brands and as more markets develop every year, the opportunities for growth are endless.
What Makes a McKibbon Hotel Executive Chef?
As a key member of the leadership team, the hotel Executive Chef is accountable for the culinary operations with-in the hotel. While the focus is to guide the operation of the culinary team, you will also have crossover responsibilities to the service team. The Executive Chef is committed to guest satisfaction and providing a great experience for all guests.
A Day in the Life:
- You will move throughout the facility and monitor the action of food prep and serving areas to ensure that associates are meeting food and beverage quality, brand, and service standards.
- You will control the elements that determine profit and loss of the Food and Beverage operations.
- You will work with the hotels' sales team to ensure that all banquet events and menus are created and executed as required by the client
- You will coordinate with the Corporate Food and Beverage team in the planning of meals and menus.
- You will work with the General Manager and Assistant General Manager on administrative duties, including tracking expenses, maintaining profitability, and invoice input.
- You will work with the Corporate Food and Beverage team on product pricing, menus, and wine selection.
- You will be responsible for maintaining the inventory of the Food and Beverage Department, like budgeting, food costs, coding invoices, etc.
- An Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Culinary is preferred
- 3 years' minimum experience as a Executive Chef or Restaurant Chef, Chef De Cuisine
- Experience in a supervisor or managerial position
- Experience working at a hotel or restaurant establishment (highly desired)
- The ability to implement the established menu and service standards
- The ability and drive to personify our culture in every interaction with guests and associates
- The ability to perform initial and ongoing training of associates
- The ability to deliver on the quality of service that guests deserve and expect
Ideal Skills & Qualities:
- The ability to communicate in a friendly manner with guests
- The ability to create a fun and supportive working environment
- Keeping up-to-date with local events and tailoring Food and Beverage operations to enhance guests' experience in the local community
- A conscientious spirit and the drive to excel in every aspect of your duties
- The creativity to enhance sales in the lounge and food outlets