Master Scheduler & Planning Manager
Master Scheduler & Planning Manager
JD Power and Associates
Automotive, Engineering, Finance, Research, Strategy - Planning
Be where the voice of the consumer meets the value of the brand. At J.D. Power, you'll be at the heart of commerce, working for a worldwide leader whose intelligence and insights are shaping the way people sell, and the way people buy.
Title: Master Scheduler & Planning Manager
Location: Troy, MI or Westlake Village, CA
Reports to: Senior Director, Project Management Office
The Role: J.D. Power is looking for an experienced Master Scheduler & Planning Manager to elevate the company's operational resource planning and management capabilities. The ideal candidate will have experience with resource management and master planning software in a product/services delivery environment. The Master Scheduler & Planning Manager will be responsible for planning and managing operational resources and schedules to meet customer delivery requirements for J.D. Power's core syndicated and proprietary product portfolio (existing portfolio and innovation).
The Impact: J.D. Power's syndicated industry benchmarks and proprietary offerings provide clients with an independent, competitive view of the key indicators and drivers of the customer satisfaction based on Voice of the Customer data in industries such as Automotive, Financial Services and Utilities. The benchmarks and actionable insights that J.D. Power provides help businesses improve customer engagement, increase customer satisfaction and drive growth.
- Lead demand planning and master scheduling of projects for the market research industry across a broad range of products / services / customer requirements
- Provide effective communication of the project plan between internal stakeholders - practice, operations and externally with customers in the case of externally shared projects
- Review new project requests and determines feasible delivery dates based on resource availability. Notify stakeholders of acceptable promise dates for customers.
- Communicate with operations team in a proactive manner regarding capacity and shift loading to efficiently meet requirements
- Responsible for regularly forecasting and reforecasting when needed, generating consensus on forecast between key stakeholders. Key inputs will include historical demand trends and real-time inputs to help inform reliable, relevant and timely planning.
- Work closely with sales and practice to get input on forecast changes/adjustments to limit company's exposure overloading current resource capacity
- Monitor and report resource levels within the organization to ensure overall capacity is at acceptable levels
- Provide meaningful reporting and analysis that interprets data and communicates information that is useful for decision making
- Work efficiently in fast-paced environment with lots of moving parts while balancing competing priorities
- Work with all departments and management levels (from executives to operations team members)
- Complete other projects/tasks assigned by Supervisor/Manager
- 8+ years of professional experience, 6-10+ years with ERP and/or master planning software in a product/service delivery environment
- BA/BS required; APICS certification preferred
- Strong computer skills (especially Excel, ERP/MRP systems)
- Ability to work well cross-functionally, rapidly gain an understanding of business priorities and drive alignment of resource prioritization
- Keen business sense, with the ability to find creative business-oriented solutions to customer problems
- Strong results orientation with proven success working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently while also being a strong collaborator
- Proven skills in communication, time management, problem solving and decision-making
The Team / The Business: This position will be part of J.D. Power's Project Manager Office. In addition to master planning, the PMO is responsible for the single point of accountability for the delivery of projects/services on time, within budget and to standards (project management), tracking and reporting, quality management and continuous improvement.