Automotive Vehicle Inspector - Rochester, NY
Automotive Vehicle Inspector - Rochester, NY
SGS North America
QA - Quality Control, Sales, Retail
We invite you to drive with us if you have the following qualifications:
• One year of training and/or experience in body repair cost estimating for a registered repair shop OR
• One year of training and/or experience in adjusting body repair claims for an insurance company or independent adjuster OR
• A degree in automotive technology from an accredited college, university or vocational school, and at least six months of experience in body repair cost estimating for a registered repair shop
• A valid driver's license in the state where domiciled and have or be able to obtain minimum insurance liability limits
• Can comply with the physical requirements of this role: bending, twisting, kneeling, walking, climbing, stretching, lifting up to 40 pounds and continuously carrying 5 pounds
• Must be able to attend on-site training class in Cincinnati, Ohio per company policy. Company will cover training pay and travel expenses.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
You are in the driver's seat, when you join SGS as an Automotive Vehicle Inspector. What do we mean? At SGS, you will be one of the many employees proud to work for us, the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We have more than 80,000 employees and operate a network of more than 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world. You are in control of how you drive your career here. Infinite possibilities are available for people who are motivated, have an entrepreneurial mindset and are committed to quality and safety. Successful employees are rewarded for their energy to deliver, ability to act quickly and above all, act with integrity.
While at SGS, you have the freedom to reach your own potential with a strong, well established, global leader and receive the recognition you deserve. At the same time, in the Auto Inspector role you have the chance to do the type of work you enjoy and get paid by the hour, not per vehicle, and will get paid even if the lessee cancels. In the comfort of your own car, you can drive to and from assignments or inspection sites and manage your own time within your assigned territory.
You are destined to be an SGS Automotive Vehicle Inspector if you have the automotive aptitude to perform accurate vehicle inspections, can detect signs of previous or structural internal or external damage and can accurately report your findings. In this role, you will be provided all necessary training and equipment to properly inspect vehicles at a lessee's home, place of business or auto dealership. This role is for you if you are looking for a position where you can use your communication skills, have limited supervision and variety that takes you out and about during daylight hours and in all weather conditions.
In turn, our full-time Automotive Inspectors, working 30 hours, receive competitive pay and benefits including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid vacation, paid holidays, flex spending and company paid life insurance policy. In addition, expenses are reimbursable for mileage, cell phone allowance, parking, tolls, metered postage as well as approved travel expenses (i.e. airline travel, hotel stays, meals & rental cars).