Hilton Hotels & Resorts
QA - Quality Control, Hospitality - Hotel
A Security Supervisor is responsible performing supervisory, as well as protective and enforcement functions in a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats to life and property. Maintain a safe and secure environment for guests, visitors, and team members.
What will I be doing?
A Security Supervisor is responsible performing supervisory, as well as protective and enforcement functions in a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats to life and property. Maintain a safe and secure environment for guests, visitors, and team members. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards.
- Foot patrol of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions. Evaluate situations and make logical decisions on how to proceed and direct work.
- Supervision of shift.
- Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, assisting with door lock problems, coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner. Handle undesired conduct, violations of hotel policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, employees, patrons and property.
- Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority.
- Prepare schedules and relate relevant information on house count, conventions, arrivals and departures from each shift.
- Supervise and coordinate all fire safety issues. Conduct training and selection of all deputy fire safety directors. Be familiar with all applicable laws and codes to ensure proper compliance.
- Memorize and monitor life safety system including accurate layout of entire building, locations of stand pipes, fire extinguishers, complete alarm reports and checks and report any pertinent information from each shift
- Conduct safety inspections and complete observation report of findings
- Observe monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
- Complete daily reports and incident reports.
- Administer CPR and First Aid
- Supervise shift operations and all investigations conducted on shift
- Promote a positive hotel guest experience
- Perform all supportive functions of a Security Officer
- Make recommendations and assist in decision making regarding staffing levels and disciplinary action of shift team members
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Safety & Security or his/her assistant
What are we looking for?
High School Diploma
- Prior security, law enforcement, or military experience required; 2 or more years' experience preferred
- 1 year in a continuous supervisory position or equivalent
- 18 months' experience in hospitality or tourism related field
- 2 years' computer experience working with word processing
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
- Current Hawaii Guard Card required
- Must be available to work overnight shifts and other shifts as needed
- Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Thorough knowledge of the floor plans and layout of the building(s), function rooms, and working knowledge of the City and surrounding area.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to listen effectively, speak, read and write English clearly to ascertain and document important information.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property.
- Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing up to 50 lbs. sufficient manual dexterity in hands.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!